Fun Weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashagn

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well Saturday and iam pooped. Friend wants a line of tree's down and he doesnt want anything bigger then the kids can lift so more wood for me. Today had the pickup packed up at 9am and left the house at 9:30. Got to the place at 10am and done at 4:30. Well he also has a alot of new tree's that he planted so thats a challenge for me. Had to climb 2 of them because i didnt like how the tops would land and wipe out 3-4 of his new ones at 1 time. Managed to take down 4 of them today. Sorry no pics of me while iam up in the tree. Ole Roger was to busy hauling brush and i still cant toss a camara up in the air and be quick enough to climb up...:) Did take some pics when i decided to take a break so here it goes... I'll confess... i nailed 1 new tree and tosted it. But he has 3 new ones that he wants to plant.. -1 point for me

Walked through with Roger and used a paint crayon to mark the ones he wanted down. Decided to take the leaner in the middle and the 1 to the left and right of it

DSCN0660.JPG

DSCN0657.JPG

This was one of the trickier tree's that i had to climb. I think i did perty well since i drops the spar to the right in between 2 rows of his new ones.

DSCN0663.JPG

I couldnt ask for a better drop and missing 3 new ones +3 points

DSCN0667.JPG

DSCN0664.JPG

Last edited:
Decided to also get some pics of the trailor loaded. I think iam perty much maxed out......

DSCN0661.JPG

When going home it was 30mph all the way on gravel and only hda to go on blacktop for a couple of miles.. I think the ole girl did good today with this load.

DSCN0669.JPG

DSCN0670.JPG

Tommorow i will go back and get the remaining last 3 logs and some crotches that he doesnt want. Next weekend ill plan on taking down 4 more. Some of the logs i got a perfect straight and no knots... might give a try on milling when i get around to it. Sorry. i forgot to get a "glamor" shot of the saws. But i did get a chance to really work the 371xp and the 51 and 137. Roger had a 136 and with the slide on forks i brought for him to use cleanup went pretty darn quick. Ohh and pork chop and tator for lunch was darn good

Love the hoist setup :cool:

Thankyou.. Didnt have to use it today since Roger was on the loader. I gotta go back tommorow and get 3 more logs and stuff and also get my forks back so ill be using it then.

Lawrence - as far as the type of wood iam not to sure. I'll take some close up pictures in the morning. Most of it will be split and stacked and the good chunks ill probuly rip some planks out of them and get them drying next to the maple i ripped at the beginning of the summer

Went and got the other 3 logs and some bigger chunks he couldnt handle. Iam told its Ash. Next weekend he has 5 more Ash tree's and also 2 walnuts. Iam thinking i need to look for a wagon running gear and convert it to a log hauler.....

Went and got the other 3 logs and some bigger chunks he couldnt handle. Iam told its Ash. Next weekend he has 5 more Ash tree's and also 2 walnuts. Iam thinking i need to look for a wagon running gear and convert it to a log hauler.....

Thanks for letting me know what species those trees were
Lawrence

Back