*** Fundraiser *** Pioneer/Partner P62

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could do a random draw using the computer. It's more fair than drawing names, but I doubt people would view it as such. I think people want to see a drawing and not a spreadsheet.

I'd be glad to print the names though and help with a conventional draw too.

Spreadsheet is the only way that makes sense to me. No sense in doing all that manual labor to cut up hundreds of little pieces of paper.

I could do a random draw using the computer. It's more fair than drawing names, but I doubt people would view it as such. I think people want to see a drawing and not a spreadsheet.

I'd be glad to print the names though and help with a conventional draw too.

I just looked up that random function and it is very neat, it is absolutely no less secure or trustworthy than writing the names and filling a hat. it eliminates error and maximizes efficiency. It is a perfect "shuffle" of the data

I personally don't care much about the drawing part as I considered it a donation.........other than the entertainment value.:popcorn:

I just looked up that random function and it is very neat, it is absolutely no less secure or trustworthy than writing the names and filling a hat. it eliminates error and maximizes efficiency. It is a perfect "shuffle" of the data

I'm sure it's more fair and accuarte than doing it manually. No cluster of names are going to get stuck together. Everything will be properly "mixed".

Many ways to do it and many willing to do it.
Fred just needs to give us an update.
Where are you Fred ?

Last edited:
Many ways to do it and many willing to do it.
Fred just needs to give us an update.
Where are you Fred ?

I agree. I certainly appreciate all that Fred has done, he has certainly invested a considerable amount of time in this. One day delay no problem. 2 days, well, that's OK. But it is now the fifth and a lot of people have been eagerly awaiting this. They deserve the drawing to be done soon. Fred, if you are unable to complete this, you need to pass it along to someone who can. :blob2:

I have a spreadsheet up and working. All I need is the final list of names and number of tickets per name. I also need the complete list of prizes, and the order in which we want them picked.

Once a person wins a prize, I can either remove one entry for that person, or remove them entirely. Arrowhead, which way do you want to go? My opinion is that once a person wins a prize, they are removed from the drawing.

Last edited:
Once a person wins a prize, I can either remove one entry for that person, or remove them entirely. Which way do we want to go?

My opinion, they paid for X number of chances, they should get them. If a person bought 5 chances, they shouldn't get the other 4 taken away just because they won something. JMHO, worth what ya paid for it. :cheers:

I have a spreadsheet up and working. All I need is the final list of names and number of tickets per name. I also need the complete list of prizes, and the order in which we want them picked.

Once a person wins a prize, I can either remove one entry for that person, or remove them entirely. Arrowhead, which way do you want to go? My opinion is that once a person wins a prize, they are removed from the drawing.

I'm good with that Brad.It is generally bad policy to change the terms at the eleventh hour like this so I'm sure there will be cries of foul.......

Was this already determined previously? If so, I step back and appologize. It would just seem odd sending two prizes to the same person. Their multiple ticket purchases still played a part in the prize they did win. Again, not my decision to make though.

I say if the same person wins more than once, they wouldn't take the second prize anyway and let them draw another name. I would do that if I had already won once.

Let's just get it over with.

My opinion, they paid for X number of chances, they should get them. If a person bought 5 chances, they shouldn't get the other 4 taken away just because they won something. JMHO, worth what ya paid for it. :cheers:

I agree with Boda, this is how we have done it up to now isn't every ticket a winner?

edit: don't worry about me though, just do what you all think is the most fair

Last edited:
I'm supposed to loose power here any minute. Comed is replacing something. They said only takes 15-20 minutes. I will be back on ASAP!!!

Was this already determined previously? If so, I step back and appologize. It would just seem odd sending two prizes to the same person. Their multiple ticket purchases still played a part in the prize they did win. Again, not my decision to make though.

I don't think it was determined per say,but I do think it was assumed .Five day's wait is wearin' on everybody.....

I don't care one way or another, but it certainly is not standard procedure as far as raffles go, so everyone would have to agree, because I'm sure most assumed one ticket, one chance.

If the randomization procedure is used, then you don't have multiple drawings. In essence, all names are drawn and placed in order.

Makes sense to me to generate the list, and start down it, with each successive winner deciding which of the remaining prizes they want, and any repeats having the option to not take a second prize and let you move down the list.

This avoids a whole lot of deciding and debating.

Latest posts

Back