Funny Experience at my Dolmar Dealer Leads to Bigger 6400 Heart...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benp

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
(A pre apology about this book..)

My local Dolmar dealer is a small mom and pop shop. Gee whiz, awe shucks, kind of folks.

They tinker and will pretty much work on anything. I have seen all kinds of brands older models on their workbench. They say if parts are available, they will work on it.

2 weeks ago I broke the chainbrake band on my 394. I read about how these are a "challenge" to fix, so I thought maybe my Dolmar guy would tinker with it.

I brought the clutch cover to him last Friday nite. He said he's never messed with one before but he would look at. Wasn't sure if he could get a new band. I pulled the new band out of my pocket, he said swing by in the morning.

Stopped by in the morning and he had it quasi apart, puttering with it here and there. I told him no rush (I picked had picked up a spare cover) and I would be back Monday.

Monday morning went in and it was fixed. I asked him how much.

Now, this is the best part. He said, "Well, that big spring was kind of a stinker. How about $10." Yep.....he said "a stinker".....

Here's where the 6400 gets a new heart.

I guess in my dumbfoundedness of essentially getting the 394 brake fixed for free I ordered up the OEM 7900 p/c from him at that moment.

Picked the saw up last nite and going to break it in this weekend.

Cant wait.:eek:uttahere2::biggrin:

Most sources are out of stock on the 7900 P & C set? The new 7900 windowless pistons are available but the cylinders are scarce.

Glad to hear about you finding a good dealer.

I ordered $200 worth of Dolmar parts one morning recently from the local dealer and had them the next morning when the brown truck came by the store. The big Dolmar distributor is only 60 mi away.

Went to the Husky dealer last week and ordered a throttle rod and and throttle rod air box boot for a 357xp. The two parts came in yesterday and they told me "Merry Christmas" and just gave them to me.

So there are some nice dealer happenings out there. We just need to hear about them.

They are great folks to deal with and are the primary reason I have "Dol-Whats?."

The P/N to the kit is 038-130-070. He had no trouble getting it and I don't know if that's the new one or not. He did mention something about a lightweight piston.

new cylinder

the piston in the new one dosen't have windows . as for the cylinder I don't know of any differences. Steve

Back