G-oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osb_mail

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
has anybody try the new 2 stroke g-oil made from beef fat sounds cool you can buy it on amazon.I looking to the motor oil they sell for my car can t find it anywhere .

Really that might be ok, I just bought a 6 packof husky oil a week ago or I would order some of this g-oil .I want to find some of motor oil to run in my car .

So now to get us off the petroleum, we'll have tens of thousands of acres of corn to produce ethanol, and tens of thousands of acres of genetically modified over-weight cows to produce the lard to make oil out of.

Now if we could just get the fertilizer and cow crap runoff out of our drinking water we would be set. :greenchainsaw:
Ian

This stuff looks interesting, maybe when I run out of the gallon I just bought I'll give it a try. After a little more research of course :)

-LouieIV :givebeer:

Exceeds API TC according to their website.

TC what? TC-3? TCW?

You can make oil from many base materials, but I question why? we're only putting in 2.6 oz per gallon... the rest (if not E10) is pure petroleum.

I'm betting 'Yet another company trying to cash in on the "bio" craze". Probably with a honking Govt grant (our money) and tax breaks (our money). Heck, I won't even use that oil that Ben Walker thinks is only good for settling dust on gravel roads.;)

Last edited:
I wonder where the G-oil comes from? Perhaps the G-spot? Just wondering

Echo warranty statement. Don't the other manufacturers have similar warranty policies.
attachment.php

Hmmmm... they raised tha bar to meet their own oils.. Way to go Echo!!!!

Stihl just says TC-3, and not to use TCW, but no threatening statement like echo.

Dolmar recommendations:
To lubricate the engine, use a high-performance two-stroke
engine oil (quality grade JASO FC or ISO EGD specifications),
which is added to the fuel.

G-Oil states that their oil meets Husqvarna Chainsaw Requirements. Anyone know what Husqvarna's recommendation is?

Technically spoken, would it not be stupid to think only the existing oils are able to lubricate a 2 stroke?

In reality of course, as was stated Why risk it? Its your investment so ...

My question, how many cows does it take to lubricate a 361 during a 15 year lifespan?

It looks all very nice and very alternative but that does not mean it actually is an alternative.

One more thing, Why people are green and/or are running branded products? (all the green stuff is the same as a brand to me)
Because in the first place they can afford it.

Go look at those who need to run to earn their bread and dont have the resources to choose the latest fashion and maybe you'll find an 'adequate' solution.

my 2cents

why risk it ?why not ,I will when I run out of oil I have now . Hopefully I can get some of there motor for my car as it is ready for a oil change .Yeah I am not dump this stuff in a brand new truck or brand new saw that might break the warranty or I would ran it in saw I had to use everyday but it seems that most everybody here including me has a saw they could risk.

Latest posts

Back