G.r.c.s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I cant seem to find a website for grcs. Does anyone have any upclose pictures?
I'm kinda curious just what one gets for 2500.00

attachment.php

The winch is the pricey part, it was orginally designed for marine use I am lead to believe. Handle shown seems kind of flimsy compared to the rest of the kit which is extremely well constructed/heavy duty. The bar(about 30") to cinch the yellow strap tight is not shown in the photo either, the end does through the hole you can see on the bottom of the spool. I believe there is also an optional mount to install this on the front of a truck as well.

If you are doing a lot of removals that require lowering large chunks piece by piece I can not recommend this kit enough, robust, easy to use. My only observation is that some of the fairleads are not exactly suited for some lowering tasks but maybe just me.

Also great for raising large branches up that have become jammed on the way down

The handle is fine - have never had any trouble with it.
There is an attachment for mounting it in receiver hitches. Our Buckets have receivers placed in 4 different locations.
There also is an adapter for using a gas drill to "crank" it up.
Ordered another one last week.

DDM said:
I'm kinda curious just what one gets for 2500.00

Generally you get whats in the picture (except the rope), plus the tightening bar and an aluminmum bollard that will inter change w/ the winch in case you dont want to slam wood onto the winch.

Receiver hitch adapter and drill adapter are extra.

okietreedude1 said:
Generally you get whats in the picture (except the rope), plus the tightening bar and an aluminmum bollard that will inter change w/ the winch in case you dont want to slam wood onto the winch.

Receiver hitch adapter and drill adapter are extra.

Watched the video today i received from baileys. Very good representation! Well worth the 2.25!

If your sitting on the fence pondering weather to buy or not to buy, jump off the fence and go for it, you won't regret it. We paid our dues about 2 months ago and joined the GRCS club. Awesome tool, doing more with it than we thought. If you get one, you will need a big storage box for all the pieces that make up the complete unit, preferably with wheels to cart it into a back yard or if you have a log dolly of some sort that will help move it around.

We had a few operating glitches when we first got it, but that is past history, we got past the learning curve. It was apparent after we used the GRCS once that we moved up a notch in heavy rigging and that called for an inspection of ALL of our rigging hardware and ropes and we also had a rigging review on safety and technique, application of the proper hardware and how to use it so everyone is on the same page.

The GRCS is going to be a must have tool, like a chainsaw, for the next crop of arborists, I wish it was available when I started.

Larry

I was using mine today and was very happy to have it with me. I had a large elm tree over a house, and a good sized swamp maple also over a house. I decided to say F climbing the maple and piecing it down, instead I went and put a block in the elm from another tree, ran a rope from the elm to the swamp maple and we were able to get the tree down safely by using the winch and cutting the thing whole at the bottom.

Jumper said:
Handle shown seems kind of flimsy compared to the rest of the kit which is extremely well constructed/heavy duty.
the handle has a quick release on it which allows it to be removed immediately and set in a safe place after winching and before the piece is lowered. the winch is also interchangeable with a conventional drum brake for when the operation changes from winching to strictly lowering. Easy one-man installation on tree because the winch and or brake detaches, unlike the hobbs, which is harder for one person to set up( I still love the hobbs for blocking down the big stuff) . The fact that everything breaks down easily makes storage a lot easier too. all in all a very user friendly device, stands up to heavy production crew use, and will pay for itself many times over if you do a lot of removals/limb removals over structures etc. as it simply makes the job go faster.

Latest posts

Back