Gas TAX

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john taliaferro

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Its not a big deal for me at two or three gallons a week But you guys with band mills could save paying road tax ? which is a lot i think, have we got any farmers or construction people that know ?

My bandmill just doesn't use all that much gas...maybe a couple gallons a day and i don't mill every day. My chainsaws use a lot more, when i put in a day of wood cutting.

I could apply to get that gas tax back from the state, but i never bother...

My tractors are diesel, i buy non-taxed fuel for them...

DM

My bandmill uses much less fuel than my chainsaw, especially when in csm mode. 6 litres in my Honda will last me an 8 hour day of milling. My saw in CSM mode, not even 2hours in the wood.
Up here nobody gets a break on gasoline, only on the road or non-road diesel.

any off road

Its not a big deal for me at two or three gallons a week But you guys with band mills could save paying road tax ? which is a lot i think, have we got any farmers or construction people that know ?

I take all off road gas state tax off. It is a little work and signed receipts have to be presented to department of revenue. Receipts have to be the original, in case of fuel credit with federal a copy is accepted. State forms for Missouri are 4923 and 4924.
Fill out the forms and send to state department of revenue along with signed receipts

Question(s):

#1: If I live in the middle of a small city, with no 'farm animals', could I qualify for this?
#2: How much fuel would I need to be using to justify being in a gubernment office filling out paperwork to get the savings(that they will probably deny me on six times becasue I filled out paperwork in blue ink on a Thursday)?
#3: I know taxes depend which state you live....how much is generally saved per gallon?

Sounds like a good idea, but I only use about 5-8 gallons of gasoline a month between the mill and my four chainsaws.

Scott (well, not this month....too cold to mill) B

Question(s):

#1: If I live in the middle of a small city, with no 'farm animals', could I qualify for this?
#2: How much fuel would I need to be using to justify being in a gubernment office filling out paperwork to get the savings(that they will probably deny me on six times becasue I filled out paperwork in blue ink on a Thursday)?
#3: I know taxes depend which state you live....how much is generally saved per gallon?

Sounds like a good idea, but I only use about 5-8 gallons of gasoline a month between the mill and my four chainsaws.

Scott (well, not this month....too cold to mill) B

Any fuel that is used for off road, lawn mower, chainsaw, leaf blower, in city or not qualifies in Missouri. In Missouri it is a return of 17 cents a gallon on gasoline and clear diesel used for off road. I realize doesn't sound like much, but I count every penny. I have gardens and mowers that don't run on the road. City dwelling, farm, or just renting. Off road in this state is anywhere off road.

My bandmill uses much less fuel than my chainsaw, especially when in csm mode. 6 litres in my Honda will last me an 8 hour day of milling. My saw in CSM mode, not even 2hours in the wood.
Up here nobody gets a break on gasoline, only on the road or non-road diesel.

Are you sure about that? I worked in a fishing lodge in Northwest Ontario for 4 summers. According to my boss, he didn't have to pay road tax on the fuel we used in the boats.

Would a person have to 'prove' that that gasoline that was purchased was used in the mower, chainsaw, or whatever? I think I'm correct in saying that an additive is put in diesel for off-road use....is there also an additive that goes into regular gasoline too?

Trust me, I would love to able to get every cent I could to put into my retirement. I am certainly tired of paying for 'Iz gots to getz my emtitlementz checkz' and buy some weed and booze crowd!

Scott (been digging holes today) B

Latest posts

Back