gasification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jer427...did you get the SS model?? Funny how when you talk with dealers that don't use stainless they say how bad it is and visa versa. Now with AHS...they sell both stainless and non, right?

Mine is the SS version. They do have both carbon and stainless steel models. They explained to me that any piece of stainless in the boiler that smoke would touch or have heat exposed to it, it is bordered by water on the other side. They say this keeps the metal stress to a minimum and less prone to cracking. This was the first question i ask them about the stainless steel because i have several people around me with OWB that have cracked and been welded and they were stainless steel. Nice to talk to someone that isn't so far away.

jer....makes sense I guess. I'm trying to convince my wife that a boiler in the basement is the way to go...she would prefer it's outside. If you are open to the idea to showing off your unit please pm me.

Wood Gasification

I'm thinking about a gasification unit. Does anyone have any experience with them? Any opinions? Any brand suggestions, I've found about 1/2 dozen out there: Tram, Greenwood, New Horizon, Alt Fuel Burners, Black Bear, Veissman, Alt heating systems, etc.. I would really just like to buy the unit, tie it into my oil-FHW system, and not need to buy a bunch of extra stuff to complete the job.

Hi Garry;

I installed a Garn unit 2 seasons ago and it works quite well. I would like to send pictures but unable at this time until I figure out the limit of file size that I am allowed to send.

Back