gb bars and sprockets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONSSTIHL

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a stihl 025 that i would like to get a gb bar and rim sprocket for
16 inch bar with 7 tooth .325 pitch sprocket

gb's website finally worked so i got a chance to look at their products but none of their contact links work so I have a few questions

since I wish to keep .325 pitch I guess I'm looking at either a powertech or a powertech arbor. the powertech sounds like a narrow kerf bar so I'm leaning towards the powertech arbor

any comments on their rim sprockets, they are definitely different with the rivets holding the hub on,

how about prices and a distributor

my next question is gauge, if I understand this correctly the total thickness of the bars are the same and as the gauge increases the width of the rails goes down . so with my limited experience with chainsaws I would think that in terms of bar wear the smaller gauge chains would be better.
I still have to talk to my dealer to find out if there is a certain gauge that is easier to find locally or if they are all available, I think I want to stick with rs chain from stihl, I've heard good comments about it.

any comments?
thanks

i just sent him a PM containing the same thing, thanks Four :)
i deal the full line of GB products and about anything else saw related. if i dont have it i can track it down like a bloodhound in most cases.

Back