Getting a jump on 2016-17's heat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome....some questions for you.....I see you put 2 rows per rack....how much airflow between those stacks ? Will you leave them uncovered until they are burned in 2016 including throughout the winters ? And what type of rods pole, etc. do you use at the top to keep the uprights from leaning ?

Im just asking because I am always trying to learn new ideas, helpful hints while drying.

Awesome....some questions for you.....I see you put 2 rows per rack....how much airflow between those stacks ? Will you leave them uncovered until they are burned in 2016 including throughout the winters ? And what type of rods pole, etc. do you use at the top to keep the uprights from leaning ?

Im just asking because I am always trying to learn new ideas, helpful hints while drying.

Theres about 3" between the rows. They will dry until fall of 2016, and with the winds I get up top of the hill the space is plenty. I just keep a sheet of black plastic weighted down on the tops until the fall of the year they get used. Than the plastic comes off and I tarp the long sides, short sides stay open. The rod up top is 1 1/4" galvanized top fence rail. Theres a bolt on either side of the 2X4's they run thru to keep the supports from spreading. The tarps work out good, the rod up top keeps the tarp off the wood, and no snow or ice to chip off the splits. Each rack holds about 1 + full cord.

Latest posts

Back