Giant Oak Removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. Actually the project did not go all smoothly. There was a near miss that could have turned out disastrous. The climber’s younger brother was standing in a location I considered much too close to the landing zone. I told him to move 3 times and he repediately said he was not in the zone. Should have called a stop work till he moved, but decided not to. When the 1000+ lb branch came down, it fell within 2 feet of him and luckily bounced the other direction. He replied “see I told you it would miss me” and was complaining about his homelite saw nearly being hit. Don’t believe he realized how close he came to being killed.

Come to find out, he suffered brain damage as a child and is on a mental disability. Never again will something like that happen on my watch.

Man are YOU desperate for workers... It's like taking a 8 year old to war..

Nice pics, especially the after-cut of the limb in motion. Looks like that tree had quite a story to tell; hung on a long time.

That pic (401) makes a killer desktop background on your computer. In case someone does not know how to make it a background, just copy/paste the pic to a folder on your computer. Right click on your desktop and select Properties and then Desktop. Browse to the pic and select Apply.

Buddy that limb is child's play here.... but hey keep up the nondestructing work.. but keep the retards out of the job site..

Buddy that limb is child's play here.... but hey keep up the nondestructing work.. but keep the retards out of the job site..

Derogatory comments on someone’s mental health are not appreciated. The Climber’s brother was there because he lives next door and was responsible for obtaining the work; thus he received a finders fee and was doing some bucking/splitting for firewood. You would not recognize any disability by talking to him.

Yea there are bigger trees out there, but this one had unique challenges due to the dead stems growing out of a rotten trunk.

Not to mention the word "retard" is just not socially acceptable anymore. Here in the states we just refer to the mentally handicapped as "Canadians"

Not to mention the word "retard" is just not socially acceptable anymore. Here in the states we just refer to the mentally handicapped as "Canadians"

Gee that means so little coming from you!! Our college students are communicating in space, the same college I went to. RETARD! RETARD! AND ON AND ON!!! YOU GET IT!

Gee that means so little coming from you!! Our college students are communicating in space, the same college I went to . RETARD! RETARD! AND ON AND ON!!! YOU GET IT!

Who are they talking too? Dude seriously that is not an acceptable word especially when you were referring to an AS members family who is disabled due to an injury. But the Canadians thing was a joke RELAX.

Last edited:
Who are they talking too? Dude seriously that is not an acceptable word especially when you were referring to an AS members family who is disabled due to an injury. But the Canadians thing was a joke RELAX.

I am sorry for the guy and it's good to see he maintains a normal lifestyle. I take back the comment!

yikers_feet_shoes1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

new wescos yep their on wrong o well he will learn i climb with euc pads:cheers: tom trees

I am sorry for the guy and it's good to see he maintains a normal lifestyle. I take back the comment!

Apology accepted. My neighbor said his brother has always been lacking in recognizing safety concerns and lost several toes from a lawn mover as a teen. Needless to say he was not allowed back on site after the near miss.

Re spike wearing, your climber may want to click the Sherrill banner above or go the the Buckingham site to get the proper pad positioning. Bound to improve comfort and safety.

Guy,I am surprized you know so much about these evil wound making climbing accessories. So out of character for you.

Just razing you a little :hmm3grin2orange: is all.

To the OP, yep , you need to do some tweaking on your gear, but your doing better than most rookies.:clap: Got to start somewhere.

Larry

Last edited:
I dug this one up on a search for boots. I love the pic with the guys spur pads on the wrong way.

With the condition of that tree.I probly would have used a crane.Just a thought for future reference.

We did that job for a friend and only charged $300. Should have charged at least $1000. Never again!! We no longer do any tree work. It's definately hard on the body and clients expect lots of work for little money. My hats off to those that can make a living doing tree work.

Last edited:
We did that job for a friend and only charged $300. Should have charged at least $1000. Never again!! We no longer do any tree work. It's definately hard on the body and clients expect lots of work for little money. My hats off to those that can make a living doing tree work.

Wow....$300....you are right $1000-1500 would be decent pay for that tree.

Latest posts

Back