Gibbs Klimair Flipline Adjuster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freeweight

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
anyone have experience with this adjuster? how well it works

or any other ideas for 2n1 lanyard?

I had a gibbs accender. I gave it away. When that was all i had it worked very well. Only as a lanyard adjustment. Then i had a grillion. Now i use two hitch climber pullys w/ prusiks on a 15 or so foot lanyard. Thats my two to one. I want to try the shizzl that tree stuff has. Or get that dmm pully that is used in the ce lanyard.

2n1 lanyard is really a redundant effort, and waste of time imo. The ANSI requirement of having a climb line installed in every tree kinda does away with the oldschool 2n1 lanyard methods. Having a good TIP and work positioning lanyard that works one direction, along with common sense and good work positioning skills is all one (usually) needs.

The primary drawback to using Gibbs is that it can not be adjusted when its loaded/under tension. That is a workable factor in most cases because you can lean forward to pay slack thru the device or tighten it up, but it is really nice to be able to smoothly adjust it even under a load when you're out limbwalking, or other situations where its a disadvantage to have to change your body positioning in order to adjust the device.

I will say that the Gibbs is famous for its reliability to function correctly when packed with snow, ice, or wet or muddy, dirty, etc.

It is not ANSI complaint to use it with the push button pin that comes with the device. You must use a locking bolt if you wanna stay legal beagle.

VERY IMPORTANT for you to know that the push button pin that comes with it is A 2-PEICE BOLT!!!!!!!! It appears to be a single piece at first glance, but the bottom half of the pin is actually threaded into the top half of the pin -- over time and with use, they can unscrew themselves from each other. Definitely a huge safety factor there. Once you know this, well then it just becomes another piece of gear that I'm constantly checking.

Better off with a trango cinch and 10mm flipline 15' with ISC biner snap on the end -- awesome combo once you get used to it.

I do also but I stopped using mechanicals and now use a prussic and a pulley which works great under load

Sent from my I phone 9
Yea well your like a gear nerd, I mean I replace something when it breaks or looks sketchy . I have been using the same exact type of lanyard since day one , I just replace it every few years just because I change my underwear once a week . It's just something so people don't always judge you !

Yea well your like a gear nerd, I mean I replace something when it breaks or looks sketchy . I have been using the same exact type of lanyard since day one , I just replace it every few years just because I change my underwear once a week . It's just something so people don't always judge you !
I wear my underwear once then throw them out

Sent from my I phone 9

LOL
8ematy7u.jpg

If I was using a 2-in-1 I think the Gibbs looks like a good idea. I started out with a 2-in-1 several years ago using a prussic. I haven't trained another climber, but when I do from the beginning...but when I do, they will be on a 2-in-1 for at least a season.

I now use an ART Positioner (with swivel), and wouldn't have it any other way!

Pelorus: although I consider that to be safe setup, esp for someone with as much climbing experience as you have, the clevis is technically not ANSI compliant (but I'm sure you know that) -- just saying for others' benefit. Those twist clevis' are clever, lightweight, and inexpensive, and I do believe that with the detent in the locking part of it, it is safe imo, but still pretty sure its not approved if used as part of a single attachment in a tree.

Latest posts

Back