git them saws ready east coasters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showrguy

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
it looks as though the u.s. storm track map is now starting to agree more with the euro map/tracker...
that's not good for the central to northern east coast and inland by several hundred miles..
at the moment it looks like sandy is headed our way !!!!!!!!!!
hope she stays away..
we all remember what irene did/caused a year ago..

It looks like it'll hit us pretty much dead on this time. Make sure the vehicles are fueled up, and the saws are sharpened.

The last one caused some outtages, and I managed to get a few trees out of it as well. :hmm3grin2orange:

Don't forget, there will be a run on batteries this weekend. Stock up early if you need any.

it looks as though the u.s. storm track map is now starting to agree more with the euro map/tracker...
that's not good for the central to northern east coast and inland by several hundred miles..
hope she stays away..

We'll see this time. Irene didn't do much by me last time. Hope everyone makes it through ok.

As do I. I live on the CT shoreline by Long Island Sound and the projections are that it will hit us pretty much dead on. To make matters worse, it is a Full Moon high tide when the storm is supposed to hit making the surges as bad as they can possibly be. Fuel up the car, the saws, keep the chains sharp, and pack some extra food and batteries.

hope she stays away..

No bad thoughts please.

I'm headed to the Maine GTG next week.
Your all inivted too.
Come See!

Well most of the saws are running, and the chains are sharp... Need to lay in a supply of gas, and mix, for them and the genie... Not real happy living under some huge old oaks at the moment... I guess I can cut my way out of the house if I have to...

As do I. I live on the CT shoreline by Long Island Sound and the projections are that it will hit us pretty much dead on. To make matters worse, it is a Full Moon high tide when the storm is supposed to hit making the surges as bad as they can possibly be. Fuel up the car, the saws, keep the chains sharp, and pack some extra food and batteries.

EFF! This sucks, prob going to make us evacuate like during hurricane Irene last year. Im on the south shore of long island, hopefully i dont float up your way.:(

< 1000 Yards from the Bay; but up 20 or so feet...

PUMP (gas) - Check...
Gen. - Check...
Saw(z) - Check...
4x4 w/ Chain + rope - Check

Booze - FAIL RED ALERT!!! Time to stop @Daves' in Bellport....

Have about 20 gal non-eth. from the marina. About 200 gal O.R. DF2 for the primary gen, and what's left of the 20 non-eth. for the secondary. Vehicles to be fueled tomorrow on the way home from work.

sharpening up the chains, fueling up the saws and the pickemup truck. got 20 gallons of gas for the generator and 5 gallons of premix. hopefully will get a deer this weekend for food but that october lull i tell ya

There is such a wide range in the models right now, I still don't know what to think, but my employer has already started implementing hurricane prep procedures, so someone in the know must think tidewater Virginia has a chance of getting hit. This would be bad for us, as we have a half-framed new house that is wide open to the wind and rain. I don't think I could afford enough plastic and tarps to make a difference….

We'll see this time. Irene didn't do much by me last time. Hope everyone makes it through ok.

It did by me..

I'm 10min north of Norwich. I'm not looking forward to this one..

There is such a wide range in the models right now, I still don't know what to think, but my employer has already started implementing hurricane prep procedures, so someone in the know must think tidewater Virginia has a chance of getting hit. This would be bad for us, as we have a half-framed new house that is wide open to the wind and rain. I don't think I could afford enough plastic and tarps to make a difference….

Prolly better off leaving it wide open and just bracing the crap out of it. Screw 'er down good and brace all the corners right proper. It'll hold. Just let the wind blow through it and never mind the tarps, there won't be any of it left after the big wind hits anyway.

It's Thursday evening, I'm about 1000km North of Lake Ontario, and they're calling for 30 mph winds overnight, it's already started.

God Speed and Best Wishes to all the folks that are going to feel the brunt of the storm, keep your loved ones safe and warm. You can rebuild a house but you can't replace your family. Take care.

Prolly better off leaving it wide open and just bracing the crap out of it. Screw 'er down good and brace all the corners right proper. It'll hold. Just let the wind blow through it and never mind the tarps, there won't be any of it left after the big wind hits anyway.

Yep, that's what I was thinking too. I'll just try to get up there soon after the storm and push the water off the floors. I have been shocked how much water an OSB floor surrounded by wall sill plates will hold -- on a recent rainy day, we had over 1" of water pooled on top of everything.

Yep, that's what I was thinking too. I'll just try to get up there soon after the storm and push the water off the floors. I have been shocked how much water an OSB floor surrounded by wall sill plates will hold -- on a recent rainy day, we had over 1" of water pooled on top of everything.

Just whip a coupla drain grooves here & there with some .325 narrow kerf ...

I need to get stocked up on gas , havent paid much attention to weather but sounding worse lately. Maybe I will sell some generators or saws this weekend.

Just go after it with a 1//4" drill bit. Drill all the low spots. Won't affect anything once the flooring is on. It won't hurt the wood to be wet for a little while. Been there, done that. (more than once)

Just go after it with a 1//4" drill bit. Drill all the low spots. Won't affect anything once the flooring is on. It won't hurt the wood to be wet for a little while. Been there, done that. (more than once)

You know, I was thinking about a couple holes in the middle of the 1st floor, that I could somehow funnel out of the crawl space so water doesn't flood down there. We're still trying to dry that out from rain a week ago.

Latest posts

Back