gloves while running a chainsaw in the winter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl for life

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm wonder what kinda of gloves do you guys wear in the winter while using your chainsaw . what keeps your hands warm but still feel comfy running a saw o and I forgot how long do they last before they get a hole in them. That's what i hate the most holes in my gloves .

Wells Lamont grips deerskin lined 100 gram gloves for me. Warm enough for working in cold weather down to zero f at least , pretty durable, but not too warm. The lining will wear through inside before the leather gets a hole or a seam splits. I buy a new pair every year, and the most beat up ones from 2-3 years back get used for work like running saws or working outside.

I wear Kinco gloves too. Wifey got me a pair a few years ago for Christmas. Best gloves I've ever owned. I get a little over one winter out of them. The only place to find them around here is Walmart.

Hey guys I'm wonder what kinda of gloves do you guys wear in the winter while using your chainsaw . what keeps your hands warm but still feel comfy running a saw o and I forgot how long do they last before they get a hole in them. That's what i hate the most holes in my gloves .

Good quality leather work gloves, same I used on the farm. Cotton get wet and cold, poly too, but poly last way better than cotton.

TSC had some leather Husqvarmint gloves on sale a while back that were good too.

Remember, if you are cold, you are not working hard enough. A T-shirt should be fine at 20 oF.

P.S. run some 10W in the oiler until the saw heats up.

antivibration_glovesZOOM_rdax_85.jpg

This is the type I use. Last winter at -30 C and I was just fine with them.

Usually atlas therma fit. Great for cutting. I use them at work too but changing drill steels when drilling and the nitro glycerin from the powder eats holes in them pretty fast so I usually go threw 10-12 pair a winter

My hands never got cold in these: http://www.kinco.com/product/1787/

I only wore those while running a saw though really, they won't stand up to handling the wood while splitting it, good thing they're cheap! I might wear them this year more while splitting after losing a finger last year, we'll see I guess.

how long have you been a logger? seems you must be pretty new to be asking this now :laugh: i wear gloves year round regardless of temperature and don't wear bigger gloves in the winter but it don't get real cold around here . i'd rather have my hands sweat all day then pick'n splinters and taping up wounds at the end of the day.

how long have you been a logger? seems you must be pretty new to be asking this now :laugh: i wear gloves year round regardless of temperature and don't wear bigger gloves in the winter but it don't get real cold around here . i'd rather have my hands sweat all day then pick'n splinters and taping up wounds at the end of the day.

no im god dam sick off all these gloves with holes im out of options local lmao

Stihl mittens with trigger finger and cutproofing on the left side work for me.

I wear the thermal lined Atlas rubber gloves for winter. I have a couple pair

They are the best glove for doing work in the winter. Excellent balance between warmth and dexterity. I tried the chilly grips from costco, but they're not as good as the Atlas.

Back