GLTPA Logging Congress

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IcePick

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Any other great lakes loggers going to Oshkosh on the 5th and 6th for the Logging Congress? Bitzer and myself will be there, as will Gregg (the Grande Dogg) from Left Coast Supplies selling portable mills. Hope to see and meet other AS members and loggers/tree workers there. I suspect this thread will get no replys, as I don't believe there are a lot of great lakes loggers on this site, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Thanks, we will. Any excuse to get away for a couple of days (as much as I deeply love them all!) from my wife and two little girls is fine with me. It's an extra added bonus if it's forestry/timber/tree work related!

Id love to go, but all the rain has got me WAY behind. Have you been getting alot of rain too?

We've gotten a fair amount, but it hasn't been drastic. They're calling for rain for the next 4 days around here though.

Id love to go, but all the rain has got me WAY behind. Have you been getting alot of rain too?
Its been a super wet year here. My grass is still lush and green like its May. Usually its a crispy brown by this time of year. No cutting swamps this summer. I hope we have a dry fall and a quick freeze. It seems that our seasons are a month behind here.

Its been a super wet year here. My grass is still lush and green like its May. Usually its a crispy brown by this time of year. No cutting swamps this summer. I hope we have a dry fall and a quick freeze. It seems that our seasons are a month behind here.

Yeah, the vegetation here is the same, hard to get around in some tracts. We've probably lost 15-20 cutting days to rain this season. It finally firmed up a little and now they are calling for rain all next week.

Yeah I suppose it has, not as bad as some years not too long ago. I guess if I logged everyday I'd take notice of it more. I've had one day off due to rain at the tree company I work for so far all year.

Back