Go ahead and flame me - but advice and advise are not the same word

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two, to, too

Is it that hard?
Seriously

We have the intertube at our fingertips

It's" to" unless it's at the end of a sentence.
I want a to buy a new saw.
I want her to buy me a new saw too.

Did you give tickets for bikes that weren't properly parked?

Usually for parking their bikes in the wrong direction. Head-in parking only sign and the little chits still backed um in.

And, I was a Captain on the school crossing guard patrol. Had a force of 12 working for me. Yup......those were the good ole days.........:dancing:

I haven't a clue how spell bad words, so I'll just substitute a word I can spell.
Example: I don't give a flying chainsaw for this chainsawing thread!

Look guys, I know this isn't high school and these things are not huge, life threatening deals - but they are annoying. The mis-use of advice and advise is particularly annoying. Advise is a verb and is pronounced "ad-viz" (long "i"). It is the act of giving advice, a noun (pronounced ad-vis, also long "i")

"Advice and advise not only have different meanings but are also pronounced differently. Advise is a verb, and advice is a noun. So advice is what is given, while the act of giving advice is called advising (or to advise)."

So, please - either ask FOR ADVICE, or asked TO BE ADVISED.

OK, I'll take more of my meds now and shut up.
WHAT we have HEE-YAH is a FAIL-YAH to ComMYOOOONicate!!

And if I post my saw "for sell are trade" on the Trading Post......would that bug you? Maybe just a tad? :crazy2:

:sucks:

Latest posts

Back