gonna try selling firewood this year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't call it being a firewood vendor/doing firewood sales

That'd be like me selling a car or two a year and calling myself a car dealership. Or renting a Uhaul and thinking I'm a trucker.
Teaching... no thanks... unless they bring back the yard stick and paddle!

Did he say somewhere that he's "in firewood sales" or a "firewood vendor"? He just said he sells firewood. I can sell three sticks of firewood and I can say I sold some wood this year. Why you gotta give the guy a hard time?

Special Education teachers work EXTRA hard:)
I'm just busting on you. I'm a teacher myself. Been selling firewood for 20 years now. Have sold right around 130 cords each of the last 3 years. 2 saws, 1 splitter, 1 F350 stakebody dump truck, 1 maul, a few wedges, 1 1070 JD with forks we had around the farm anyway. You don't need all sorts of equipment to make money.

Did he say somewhere that he's "in firewood sales" or a "firewood vendor"? He just said he sells firewood. I can sell three sticks of firewood and I can say I sold some wood this year. Why you gotta give the guy a hard time?

No harm, no foul. Conversations on a forum are one demensional regarding communication. Hard to tell how the person is feeling without tone and reading body language. I'm here to learn from the rest of you, no offense taken at all!

I'm just busting on you. I'm a teacher myself. Been selling firewood for 20 years now. Have sold right around 130 cords each of the last 3 years. 2 saws, 1 splitter, 1 F350 stakebody dump truck, 1 maul, a few wedges, 1 1070 JD with forks we had around the farm anyway. You don't need all sorts of equipment to make money.
It seems the less equipment people have the more they sell, to a point. Locally the guys who cut for the home (2 cord a year) have more money in tools then I do, and Im apparently a full timer as of today.

Back