Good blade for brushcutter??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anybody ever tried one of these?

http://www.windsorforestry.com/products/blades/grass_brush_blades.shtm#gra3

WE use the gra3 and it seems to out last and cuts a little better than the stihl version. we use them about 7 hours a day cleaning fencelines and creeks and they usually last about 2 months with a few re-sharps thrown in.

We go through a couple of the 4 blade jobbies every year.
Not bad for light stuff and grass/heavy weeds, but not up to the task on anything much bigger than 2". The tri-blade is OK but has some serious kick/deflection issues when ya find an old sapling stub in tall grass.

Of the two I like the tri-blade best as they seem to do better on saplings if I don't have to worry about deflection, and they fling the cut weeds outta the way better.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I've taken out a 3 inch cedar a time or two with a Windsor tri blade! Lol. Just make sure you learn how to aim the chips. One to the lip will make a grown man cry!

I've taken out a 3 inch cedar a time or two with a Windsor tri blade! Lol. Just make sure you learn how to aim the chips. One to the lip will make a grown man cry!

LOL!!!
Yep! Dadgum Sassafrass around 3-4" takes a couple of bumps with the Tr-Blade to get them down and the chunks fly. Husqvarna Forresty helmet with the face screen ain't just for dropping trees.

Keeps the Greenbrier and Blackberry canes from ripping your eyeballs out as well.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Stihl circular blade

I have the Stihl circular blade on my Kombi 90 and it really kicks butt,zing,zing,zing.I used it on 3/4 inch stuff no problems at all
Lawrence

The tri blades are great for weeds and light brush. Beaver blades and the Stihl off set saw blades do better in the thicker stuff. Bailey's has a good selection of blades for brush cutters. The tri blades seem hard on the drive shafts. My Honda didn't sound the same after a few tanks with the tri blade in 1" to 1 1/2' scotch broom.

Last edited:
I just use a $5.00 circular saw blade on mine and it cuts anything from grass to trees....

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum and use a carbide tooth blade. Have only used it for about 8 hours so far, but holy smokes it makes cutting 3-4 inch undergrowth easy. Carbide blades are supposed to stay sharp 30 X longer. Cost was $45 from my local dealer.

Back