Good chainsaw needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunner1965

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all,
looking for a good vintage saw within the 200.00 range and decided I would ask here before I do the ebay thing.looking for around 60cc brand not that specific if in decent condition.
Thanks GUNNER:chainsaw:

gunner1965 said:
Hello all,
looking for a good vintage saw within the 200.00 range and decided I would ask here before I do the ebay thing.looking for around 60cc brand not that specific if in decent condition.
Thanks GUNNER:chainsaw:

You will find a lot of good saws in that price range. Best advice is to go for what you can find in the best condition. When you say vintage how old do you want?

retoocs555 said:
You will find a lot of good saws in that price range. Best advice is to go for what you can find in the best condition. When you say vintage how old do you want?

As long as it is a goog running felling saw any is fine/i just don't like the new all plastic saws. some is okay but wanting alot of metal9just a personal pref.)
Gunner

wagonwheeler said:
Husky 262, stihl 036. Dunno if you'll find a good one for $200 though...not before anyone here...;)

Chaser
I agree, and preferably the 262xp, but there are some plastic on those too.

Husky 162 and 266 have even less plastic, but they are larger and heavier. Parts should still be pretty easy to get.

However, if you go much older, you could run into spare part problems pretty fast.

Last edited:
SawTroll said:
I agree, and preferably the 262xp, but there are some plastic on those too.

Husky 162 and 266 have even less plastic, but they are larger and heavier. Parts should still be pretty easy to get.

However, if you go much older, you could run into spare part problems pretty fast.

I am talking probably 80's 90's just not all plastic
looking at a super promac but worried about parts.

Latest posts

Back