good day with a saw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zopi

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
out working on the pecans....and a self portrait...oddly enough the camera still works...:givebeer:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
What does this have to do with milling? Looks like I may get ten or twelve feet out of the trunk plus some nice burl out of the big crotches...the heart in this stuff is pretty...(pretty frickin' hard to cut..)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Good photos - but what's the story of the pic with the chain half off the saw?

I was wondering if anyone would ask...forgot to ...I was buzzing along
bucking up the crown of the tree and slung a chain...a chain catcher even
a plastic one is a good thing....dunno if I wasn't paying enough attention to the saw or if the bar flexed...prolly my fault....sucked tho, had to file out a few of the driver spurs on the chain...dinged 'em enough so they wouldn't ride down the bar...

stoopid too...I had a spare chain, but turns out that it's for an .050 bar instead of the .043...

<SNICKER> nother good day and another load of wood out of that monster,
wifey showed up to help load wood whilst i bucked...then she hit me with an I want you to teach me how to run the little saw. heh-heh...took the bait, hook, gullet and raker...showed her how to start the saw and the controls..let her buck a little log...gonna make her watch the stihl video later..

showed her how a timber jack works...she spent a bunch of time rolling logs around with the jack while i cut....I like this.

I see her having her own saw soon....

Anyway, I got a couple sections out with no rot, dry as a bone and some nice heart to mill...bout 12" average..

I am so looking forward to getting that big trunk out of there...:givebeer:

...wifey showed up to help load wood whilst i bucked...then she hit me with an I want you to teach me how to run the little saw. heh-heh...took the bait, hook, gullet and raker...showed her how to start the saw and the controls..let her buck a little log...gonna make her watch the stihl video later..showed her how a timber jack works...she spent a bunch of time rolling logs around with the jack while i cut....I like this.

I see her having her own saw soon....
... all I can say is the proverbial expression "be careful what you wish for..."
:blob5:
Glad she is involved... I like when my wife or one of my grown girls comes down to my shop while I'm working.

~snip~

You got that right!

Zopi, you'll end up with the "little" saw and rolling logs while she runs the new 441!!

it's a 660....:jester:

's ok by me...she was piqued too when i showed her a picture of someone's
Ms running the skillmill...she like opening the christmas presents too...

she spoils me.

Latest posts

Back