Good Deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Affordabletree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been given a lead on a used chipper and a used truck.
The Chipper: 1999 Bandit 90XP with 879 original hours. John Deere Diesel not sure of the HP but not to hard to find out. The thing looks beautiful to me.
The Truck: 1996 Chevy 3500HD with a 454 big block and a 5speed manual tranny. Brand new tires. The truck has 98,000 miles on it all original. Now I am not against Gas engines but the last one I had was a 350 and it lacked power really bad. How will the 454 do with a full load of chips behind it. The truck is a stake body dump with a lift gate. I am thinking it is a good deal but I wanted to hear from some other people.

The guy said he is looking to get 10,000 for the pair. Is this a good deal or should I just hold onto the money.

Arbor Care Tree Service L.L.C
2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax
1983 GMC C7000 8.2 Detroit Diesel
1976 Whisper chipper 6x16 ford V-8
Whole lotta chainsaws.

I have been given a lead on a used chipper and a used truck.
The Chipper: 1999 Bandit 90XP with 879 original hours. John Deere Diesel not sure of the HP but not to hard to find out. The thing looks beautiful to me.
The Truck: 1996 Chevy 3500HD with a 454 big block and a 5speed manual tranny. Brand new tires. The truck has 98,000 miles on it all original. Now I am not against Gas engines but the last one I had was a 350 and it lacked power really bad. How will the 454 do with a full load of chips behind it. The truck is a stake body dump with a lift gate. I am thinking it is a good deal but I wanted to hear from some other people.

The guy said he is looking to get 10,000 for the pair. Is this a good deal or should I just hold onto the money.

Arbor Care Tree Service L.L.C
2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax
1983 GMC C7000 8.2 Detroit Diesel
1976 Whisper chipper 6x16 ford V-8
Whole lotta chainsaws.

Sounds like a good deal to me....any pics?

Nothing that clear yet. I will take some pics when I go and take another look at them I had some questions for the guy about part etc.. and i have to go back and look through them so I will take some better pics then.

Personally, given your current set up I'd go for it. Granted the 454 is a gas guzzler, but if your roads are mostly flat, and you aren't traveling a lot to get to your jobs, why not? Gas is quite a bit cheaper than diesel right now. I'm assuming it won't be your main work vehicle, perhaps a back-up or for smaller jobs? Sure is nice to have a second dump truck. The chipper should be an improvement over what you currently own, but I would say that if you are doing a lot of bigger removals, to keep looking for something better.

Back