Good Dealer in the NE US?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironbark

Ironbark

ArboristSite Guru
Hi Guys....first post here, so to begin with I'd like to say Hi.

I live in England and just cut fire wood a couple of times a month or when ever I get the chance. I have MS260 and a MS660 which I love!.

Going to be visiting the NE United States in a week or so, and was wondering if somebody could recommend some good saw shops please. I'm planning on going from New York up I95 to Boston via Cape Cod, then heading inland to the White Mountains of NH and the Green Mountains of VT, before heading South again. I know this a huge area, but I'm prepared to travel to get to a good dealer.

Depending of what I can carry/ship home, I'm looking to buy a saw. Obviously there's a BIG gap between my 260 and 660, and I guess the obvious choice to fill it with would be a 441, so good Stihl dealer would be great. I've just bought a Husqvarna brushcutter and I really like, so I'd like to look at some Husky saws too....probably a 372XP. I'm also looking for somewhere that stocks Cannon bars.

Thanks in advance guys!

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
You don't need a "good" stihl dealer, just one that has a saw in stock... :)

But if you need a good one, and are in the DC area... then there is only one good dealer :jester:

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
Are you aware that the Cannon bars are much heavier than most other bars?

groan... The Northern Minister of Weights and Measures is back again...

Wonder why? more steel? Hey, maybe they are made of depleted uranium! na.. just a stronger beefier bar.

Only whimps worry about weight, and if they aren't whimps, understand when it's used to advantage :popcorn:

Last edited:
bcorradi

bcorradi

Arboristsite.com Sponsor
groan... The Northern Minister of Weights and Measures is back again...

Wonder why? more steel? Hey, maybe they are made of depleted uranium! na.. just a stronger beefier bar.

Only whimps worry about weight, and if they aren't whimps, understand when it's used to advantage :popcorn:

Thats downright funny. SawTroll...please do not neg me again just because i'm laughing at Andy's post ;).

04ultra

04ultra

"Out of Control"
. AS Supporting Member.
attachment.php

Stop in and see Steve and Scott........;) ;)

dk27

ArboristSite Operative
Ironbark you really should try to get to mount Washington on your visit to New hampshire.auto road or cog railway would be most memorable.hairpin turns on the auto road,a few thousand feet down ,no guardrails roads about 12 feet wide ,two lane traffic. its a blast. did it last time in 250 ford super duty full crew cab.wife and kids still having nightmares about it.did not help that the winds that day were above hurricane force, really had that truck rocking above the tree line!

logbutcher

logbutcher

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ironbark you really should try to get to mount Washington on your visit to New hampshire.auto road or cog railway would be most memorable.hairpin turns on the auto road,a few thousand feet down ,no guardrails roads about 12 feet wide ,two lane traffic. its a blast. did it last time in 250 ford super duty full crew cab.wife and kids still having nightmares about it.did not help that the winds that day were above hurricane force, really had that truck rocking above the tree line!

Did you stck one of those bumper stickers on: "This Car CLIMBED Mt. Washington" ??:jawdrop: :jawdrop: