Good deeds with firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dropped a dump truck load to a family today they are having a rough time this year noticed no smoke from there the last couple days. stopped and checked their woodpile and they were out. so they should now be good for a while anyways BILL

I have to answer this post.Nine years ago next month I had a massive heart attack.I actually left the world twice that day and the people at the local hospital brought me back.When I got out of the hospital I was told I could not lift or do any thing until I built myself back up.That was the toughest time of my life,every time I started to do anything my mind played games on me and I thought I was going to have another attack.Folks I am just not use to not doing anything.We heat almost entirely with wood,bills were coming in and I was not working.For a short time I was really in trouble financially and my savings all but disappeared because of all the unexpected bills.
I called this guy Turbo885 who lives a mile or so down the road to bring me some firewood if he had any left for sale.In short order Billy as I know him brought me a truck load and unloaded it.He refused payment,I will never forget that. This guy is the real deal,I have known him since he was a boy and knew his Dad.Once again Bill thanks and thanks for that person you just helped.

Actually I didnt. i did not post anything ive done, good or bad.

Yes you did. You tossed something out there about what you may have done. Nothing specific, but still a muffled blowing of your own horn.

What you don't get is that there is no horn blowing going on at all here. We're just sharing stories of sharing. If you're not into it, that's cool. But finding fault with it, and then leaning on the bible to support your "humble opinion" is pretty lame.

Yes you did. You tossed something out there about what you may have done. Nothing specific, but still a muffled blowing of your own horn.

What you don't get is that there is no horn blowing going on at all here. We're just sharing stories of sharing. If you're not into it, that's cool. But finding fault with it, and then leaning on the bible to support your "humble opinion" is pretty lame.

Ok i did NOT toss anything out there i have done. my statement could mean i went around and STOLE wood from others. I did not toot my own horn, even muffled.

Second, i think giving is great, even absolutely required of us that have more than we need, and good health. Its basic humanity.
I did NOT find fault with giving, I said "there's nothing like tooting your own horn" this statement isn't a statement of fault, its an observation.

I am just not big on bragging what ive done. Its much more rewarding to help someone completely anonymously, and know they are in a better place, they wont feel obligated, or that they owe you back. to each their own. toot away!

Couldn't have said it better. The shame is he can't see it.

K-Rikey

Ok i did NOT toss anything out there i have done. my statement could mean i went around and STOLE wood from others. I did not toot my own horn, even muffled.

Did you mean about your firewood deeds, or just your superior-than-us morals?

I am just not big on bragging what ive done. Its much more rewarding to help someone completely anonymously, and know they are in a better place, they wont feel obligated, or that they owe you back. to each their own. toot away!

If this thread is what epitomizes what is wrong with today's world, then I can tell you we're all in some serious doo-doo, much worse things to worry about I'd say. It's about inspiring others to do the same and leading by example.

It ain't braggin' if you can do it. - Dizzy Dean

My good deeds are mainly by clearing peoples gardens , church yards and comunity centres for the firewood .

I help people to find wood if there in need by getting them onto arborist dump lists , or taking them to a field where i can gather firewood so they can find wood.

I would also like to thank the real saints , the arborists who dump there waste wood to people in need rather than let it rot in a field.

Guys, give me a break here. I merely commented on guys tooting their own horn, which is exactly what is happening! doing good deeds, then posting it on the web so everyone can rep us is a whole lot better than doing nothing to help. So if you gotta toot about your deeds, toot away! its good to do good!

Check out Interfaith Caregivers threads in the Chainsaw forum. AS member DennyInterfaith is committed to helping close to 50 famlies in NW Wisconsin have firewood this winter. AND I'll toot my own horn and other AS members who help him too!

Not that way here

I live in a different type place than you folks do. I do bundled firewood so I end up with bad sticks they burn good but won't wrap pretty. I have a ad in the paper trash wood free. I get this type of response when people show up. Your not going to pay me to haul junk off. What kind of trash you trying to get read of. Your not going to haul to my home I only live 30 miles from here. My wife got mad at some lady she give my wife a cussing because my wife wouldn't help her load her car. Every body in my area should wear shirts that say It's all about me and don't forget it. Later 0500 am time to go to work wood sold good over the Xmas holidays. Later agin

Guys, give me a break here. I merely commented on guys tooting their own horn, which is exactly what is happening! doing good deeds, then posting it on the web so everyone can rep us is a whole lot better than doing nothing to help. So if you gotta toot about your deeds, toot away! its good to do good!

by your first statement,,you branded yourself,,now live with it...

Check out Interfaith Caregivers threads in the Chainsaw forum. AS member DennyInterfaith is committed to helping close to 50 famlies in NW Wisconsin have firewood this winter. AND I'll toot my own horn and other AS members who help him too!

Good job these guys don't toot there own horn, because the work they do i would need ear plugs.

Back