New to site!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Bradshaw

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to this site, I really don't go around singing up to forums, but when I saw this one I thought I could learn something here. I have been working on and off with chainsaws and other two-cycle engines for over 28 years. I started cutting firewood for my Grandpa and Grandma before I owned my first saw, Then I started cutting firewood for my parents and now for myself because I can no longer afford the natural gas bills in winter, and I will sell firewood to whomever may need some when I get myself too far ahead.
I am the type of guy who believes that doing the regular maintenance on an engine goes a long way to keeping them up and running for years, long after the replacement parts have been discontinued. My oldest running chainsaw is the first chainsaw I ever purchased, A Husqvarna 268. A 4.1cu in 67cc engine 4.3 Horsepower, which is still running STRONG. I have other saws form this and another manufacture of all different sizes for different types of cutting, but they all run except for one, not because there's something wrong with it but (it used to belong to my father who is no longer with us) just needs to be gone through and freshened up. It was put up with gas in the tank, so I don't know how long it's been in there.
I am hoping to have many conversations with you folks and I'm sure there's plenty I can learn for all of you as well. Thank you for allowing me to join the Arboristsite.com, Look forward to meeting you folks.

Latest posts

Back