Good experience with arborist supply company

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimberJack_7

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Recently bought a CMI arborist block, sling and bull rope from Midwest Arborist Supplies. Did the order online. Got a call the next day and they let me know they only had 150ft of the bull rope available, not 200 like I ordered and asked me what I would like for them to do. Went ahead and took the 150 footer. Well, they accidentally double charged my account, but since it was just a pending transaction I did not incur any fees. I called and explained the situation to them, they apologized and said they would take care of it, which they did. Two days later I get a free T-shirt and XL pair of nice work gloves from them in the mail. That is how they told me they were sorry and appreciated my business. Oh yeah, they sent me a 10% off coupon for my next purchase too. These guys gave great customer service and I thought there should be a little recognition, so here is my plug for them. I highly recommend this company.

Mike Foster

http://www.treecaresupplies.com/

STP has been the same way for me, even with the deep discounts they always give.

I now get a comp copy of Backpacker magazine every month through them.

I am sure Midwest is fine. Sounds like you had a good experience with them. I buy mostly from Bailey's and Sherrill. I have had good experiences with them both. Sherrill does the price match thing and they live up to it, they will match the price.

Sherrill does more than just match the price. They call it something like price matching X 150%. You find something another company is offering to sell for $10 less than Sherrill, they will take off $15 from their price. Won't touch free shipping, but they will do the price match plus thing. Just tell em when you order where you saw it cheaper, they verify and change the price.

Sherrill does more than just match the price. They call it something like price matching X 150%. You find something another company is offering to sell for $10 less than Sherrill, they will take off $15 from their price. Won't touch free shipping, but they will do the price match plus thing. Just tell em when you order where you saw it cheaper, they verify and change the price.

I've never paid for shipping threw sherrill...but most of my orders are a couple hundred bucks...I'm pretty sure they will match baileys free shipping on orders over 150$.

Never have asked if they (Midwest) did price matches as they are pretty competitive on their pricing to begin with. There are a lot of good tree care supply companies out there and I wanted to let everybody know about one more good one. It is easy to find complaints about a company but hard to find kudos.

On another note, bailey's and sherril both have some items that I would like to purchase but just kind of biding my time right now, only buying necessary things due to a tight budget. Fortunately my customer was willing to pay for that CMI block, sling and bull rope lol! They really wanted that big pignut hickory out, pronto.

I'm not a pro, so I hope no one minds my chiming in here.....

It's always great to see or hear about an outfit that does business the old fashioned way instead of just daring you to buy something from them.

I do lot's of car work and drive by about three auto supply stores to an out of the way place because they do business like you described.

Most of my purchases are through WesSpur and Bailey's (whatever happened to that guy named Wimp at Bailey's?) Midwest is just down the road from here. May be worth a look.

I feel the same way about that as I do about the "I'll beat any quote" tree guys. If you can't determine your own pricing why would I want to do business with you?
Phil

I tend to agree.

When one of my regular vendors (usually for chemical supplies) asks me why I didn't buy from them, I tell them they didn't have the best price.

They usually respond with something like "I would have beat that", but I explain to them that they should have given me better pricing to begin with. :sword:

I think of it as training my suppliers to give me better pricing all the time, not just when I am shopping for value. I am not above letting them know when they don't get the sale, either. :poke:

I have bought a lot from Midwest Arborist Supply. Sherrill has better selection of climbing stuff. Bailey's has better selection of chainsaw and forestry stuff. But Midwest has most of what I need, and I buy 95% of my chemicals from them. Here is another sastified customer.

You got your customers paying for your stuff? What kind of deal is that? Mine would laugh at me if I tried something like that. Mr.,could you buy me a gggggas can?

You got me Mr.McKeetree.....it was one of those work real cheap jobs for a friends mother-in-law. She wanted this real tall hickory removed, not sure why it was a nice tree. Everyone tried to talk her out of it and I didn't feel like paying for new equipment for one dumb removal so I told my buddy that we could wait til later in the season, but she wanted it down right away so I said if she pays for the equipment and my cheap labor rate that I was giving her I would go ahead and do it. That CMI block and new rope worked out so nice on that large bean pole....:)

Latest posts

Back