Good saddle for a girl?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bridgette

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey boys. Cool site you have here. I'm gonna have to stick around and do some reading. Looks like there is a ton of knowledge here.

I'm fairly new to climbing and I really need to find a good harness. I've been using my bosses old master 2 that he had bought for his ex wife. But I hate it. It really digs into my hips and can get quite painful. Just wondering if anybody knows of harnesses made specifically for women? Or maybe some suggestions on what would be a good option for me? Thanks in advance ;)

Saddle for Females

sidesaddle03.jpg

Now to find a horse that can climb... :laughn:

The Treemotion saddle is pricey but has the most adjustments for a custom fit.

media.nl

Buckingham Family Jewels

:newbie:Hey bridge! thanks for the compliment! just watch out for the misleading garble that goes on really its harmless. Anyways...about your saddle woes... I have a nice Buckingham Belt with the leg straps that I find to be excellent you may want to invest in but has a problem, this problem may not bother you, your lacking the testes, lol. Seriously though, the leg straps have been known to cause problems related to blood flow to the testes, otherwise this wood be a good choice. It offers much more than just safety, flexibility the most valuable. Saddles have been useful for when the climber will be comfortable saddled working, so, Tree work like pruning the dripline shoot growth or deadwooding bottomside of lengthy limbs in large spreading crown, cabling. However if your spurring or removing or a lot of climbing around, the leg straps seem to offer flexibility where you need to be lifting yer legs up and generally for saddled positioning work the Buckingham does fit nicely for quick saddlework, but is not a customary choice. To make up for this reduced bloodflow through the tops of yer legs, loosening the leg strap adjustments has worked for me, also Buckingham has a nice sliding d-ring saddle I use for saddling. Do not hesitate to outfit yourself with an array of climbing gear, different equipment for different work, this sort of outfitting requires shopping around, a custom most ladies have no problem with. Thanks for joining AS and dont be shy, most of us mean well & have come to forge friendships here.

Last edited:
Find an outlet for lineman/forestry equipment, go there & try em on! they should have a way you can sit in it & simulate hanging. I would take the advice pertaining to a saddle here...lightly!

A climbing saddle is a personal preference type thing & being a Lady....you will definately want to try it on & out before a purchase!!

good luck!

LXT..............

Hey boys. Cool site you have here. I'm gonna have to stick around and do some reading. Looks like there is a ton of knowledge here.

I'm fairly new to climbing and I really need to find a good harness. I've been using my bosses old master 2 that he had bought for his ex wife. But I hate it. It really digs into my hips and can get quite painful. Just wondering if anybody knows of harnesses made specifically for women? Or maybe some suggestions on what would be a good option for me? Thanks in advance ;)

Need pics !!! just kidding!

Welcome Bridgette! IDK of any saddles that are designed for a women but I would recommend the Petzl Seoquia. I use one and see no reason why it wouldn't fit well on anyone regardless of gender. It has a wide range to adjust and is nice and light. It has also proven to me that its well built. The fact is there are lots of nice saddles out there and the best thing is to get somewhere to try some on. Sometimes that not really possible (wasnt for me) and if you have to choose one without tryn on (I had to) then I think you should keep the Petzl Seoquia in mind.

I second the Petzl Sequoia. I use one at work and its great. Once you play around with the adjustments you will literally forget your wearing it. I almost took it home by accident once, the only thing that reminded me it was still on was the d ring snagging on my seat belt buckle when i got in my car. It really is that comfortable! Also, I took my girlfriend in off hours once to show her my setup and had her do her first 20' climb up a sycamore. She said it was nice and comfy once she got up to the top and wants to do it again, she had nothing but good things to say about the saddle. I guess the price is kind of steep at almost 400 bucks but I say its well worth the price especially if you are going to be doing a lot of climbing.

I'm not going to sugest a saddle, just make sure you get one with leg straps. I climbed for 35 years with a "traditional wide back" with double D-rings, no leg straps. One day I was pulling myself out a horizontal limb and the belt pulled past my hips and the next thing I knew I was hanging upside down with the belt in the crook of my knees. I guess what I really needed in that one case was shoulder straps. I was pulling really hard and was inches away from getting my flip line around a limb that would have put tension on the belt in both directions. Make sure you wear your belt tight enough it can't get past your hips. Happy climbing, Joe.

Weaver Cougar, but make your own bridge, in fact a lot of those thinner bridges should be discarded right from the start and the Cougar has gained notoriety for weak deadly bridges.
This saddle is thick with padding and comfort and ease of use, durable and forgiving with a bossun seat. Many of us boys have come to close to becoming women from an errant leg strap. You may not have that problem, still, a leg strap can wreak havoc on the inner thigh and a saddle like that is probably causing the rest of the pinching on the hips.

Thanks for the advice guys! I had a chance to try a couple out and think I'm going with the sequoia. As far as pics go.... Maybe once we get to know each other a little better ;)

Thanks for the advice guys! I had a chance to try a couple out and think I'm going with the sequoia. As far as pics go.... Maybe once we get to know each other a little better ;)

Cool...a good choice I think. Be sure and give some feed back on how you like it. Assuming you buy it OBV I guess u said u still thinkn on it. But either way let us know how it goes....

I know right, my mother breeds and shows horses and in all the competition and stables that I have been to I have never seen it.

OH..hold on min...that REALLY IS for riding side saddle isn't it? OOOO...crap...lol...NEVERMIND....

Hi, If you can let me know how you like in the long run because I am trying to get my girlfriend up a tree as well. Thanks

Latest posts

Back