good score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubletodd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I made some good scores this week at the salvage yard where I work. I'm a salesman so I don't get out in the yard much but I get first look at loads coming in. Prices are way up right now so alot of interesting stuff is coming in. Scored a modine type hot water heat exchanger with fan for $5[I just have to pay for scrap weight] and friday a load came in with a cub cadet 1250 complete with 44" mower,great tires,the guy said it ran but he robbed the seat and ignition switch. have to get her home and tinker a little,hav'nt weighed it yet but I suppose it will cost me about $25. thought it would make a good woods tractor and will prolly take over mowing duties when my cheapie ranch king craps out, They just don't make them like that anymore, I had a 1967 125 a few years back and ended up selling it to a friend I'm on my second new cheapie tractor, this ones starting to smoke, and my buddy is still using my old cub cadet.Will try to get some pics,some days I love my job!!! with prices way up it's a great time for scrapping and scrounging!!!

Last edited:
I made some good scores this week at the salvage yard where I work.

What an awesome job, you get to go through people's scrap and trash, as they always say someone's trash is another's treasure..... I work in an office environment every day, but would love to get outdoors and do that type of work.... Good Score and Keep Looking!!!

I'm chained to a phone most of the day,but I scale and buy scrap so I get a good look at what comes in:)

Latest posts

Back