Good Summer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scootermsp

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hope you all here had a good Summer. Replaced my Taco 007 today on my Water-to-Water exchanger wrap around loop. Bought whole pump at Home Depot this AM.Entire install took 10-15 minutes, pretty easy. Wished I'd get more than 2 years out of the pump though. My CB 5036 has a Taco 009 and it's OK but I am starting to think about putting one on the shelf just in case. I can step up to a Taco 011 for about $10 more. Any thoughts on this?:chainsaw:

Definitely keep a spare pump on the shelf. I run a Taco 010 on my loop from the wood boiler to the heat exchanger, and mine died last Saturday sometime in midafternoon. I was very happy I had a spare sitting in the basement, and the installation took about 10 minutes. The new pump is the third one in five years, so I am getting about 2-3 years out of them. I think the heat is killing them somehow, every once in a while the water temp will get up around 200+ degrees and I don't believe they're meant to handle that.

Back