Good tree work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi folks I was looking at the tree buchers and was wandering what a good job on trees looked like.I am not tring to be a smart # about this. I was cuirius to see it done right so please post pics of a good job. I have a lot of respect for you folks that take care of the trees. I was thinking of geting in the biz but I well stay in lawn maintance with my feet on the ground. Be careful and my god be with you. Thanks, Randy:)

It depends on the reason for the pruning. If I am up there to just thin and crown clean you will have to look closely to see what was done. When I was doing production work, either as a crew leader or a freelance I had to convice my customer that what I wa doing was right. Many a time I would ask the contractor I was subing to if it was good prior to coming down.

My theory is that if you can see it was done you took too much. But then that may be how it was sold, "clear 20 ft from roof" cant get by with small cuts there.

:) Thanks Mr. Sanborn for your reply. Now I know If you can see the work maybe is to much maybe not. Just depends on the job at hand.Thanks for teaching me some thing. Now I know a little more about what you folks do. Be careful up there!!!

I've trimmed thousands of trees that I wish I had pictures of. Unfortunately, we were usually too buzy working to think about bringing along a camera. I have pictures of 4 jobs in 12 years and all of them were crane removals. JPS is right, though. If it's blatently obvious that a tree has just been trimmed, good chance they took too much off. :cool:

Other indications of good pruning work are: 1)the "absence" of old and newly made branch stubs; 2)wound wood is left intact where old branch stubs have been removed; 3)proper cuts are made, otherwise, the trunk collar and branch bark ridge are intact.

Joe

Back