Got 011AVT runnnig or did I

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well the 011 that died in the cut I got running and it cut great. Did have a problem starting as it would immediately die once it started with choke off. Finally it ran and ran great. Well, wanting to see if it would re-start when cold I went out later and guess what! It would start but immedediately die. Would only start with choke on but once off it died. I got so P^^ed off I put it back on the bench. Hate to burden everyone with this piece of crap but any ideas? Beginning to think its carb related which leaves me curious as I did rebuild carb, though I didn't touch the welch plugs.

I've rebuilt my 011 twice, and both times i overlooked the fuel lines. You might want to check them for tiny cracks... be warned they are a pain to remove/replace. Goodluck hope this helps.

I've rebuilt my 011 twice, and both times i overlooked the fuel lines. You might want to check them for tiny cracks... be warned they are a pain to remove/replace. Goodluck hope this helps.

Thanks. I'm at the point where any suggestions are helpful. Having much more experience with old Poulans I can't get over how unfriendly some Stihls are to work on.

Think I got it going. Pulled off fuel filter and did a pressure test and pressure held. Therefore assumed fuel line wasn't a problem. Looked at vent line and saw some gas in it????. Pulled off vent line and cleaned it , reinstalled and started right up. Had to fool with lo and hi needle adj. to get it to run well but I seem to have solved problem. Will go out and start it again after it cools to see if it was simply luck.

Back