got a bunch of tree's 2 climb..but dont want 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jar1zx,

Tree work or ground work, if I was in venomous snake country, I would brush up on my snake bite first aid and know which local hospitals specialize in snake bite care and stock anti-venom.

Anti-venom is species specific, so being able to identify the snake is important.

Your local Zoo (if you have one) can often be helpful for finding the above info since they often house a variety of venomous animals.

Adam

hey pittsburgh where abouts town are ya

hey pittsburgh where abouts town are ya

Cranberry Township, which amusingly just had a major development held up because they found ONE massassauga (dwarf rattlesnake) on the site. I certainly don't feel like I have to worry about them when I am out cutting!

Where are you located?

Adam

Last edited:
Does anyone bang on the tree trunk to alert the critters inside that your about to climb or would it be enough to piss them off and get a scaley object with fangs to drop on you?

Guess climbers could carry a C02 repeater pistol in a tactical thigh rig, or a full auto Drozd version because the pucker factor doesn't allow you to aim...

Does anyone bang on the tree trunk to alert the critters inside that your about to climb or would it be enough to piss them off and get a scaley object with fangs to drop on you?

Guess climbers could carry a C02 repeater pistol in a tactical thigh rig, or a full auto Drozd version because the pucker factor doesn't allow you to aim...

Believe me, some of the neighborhoods I've worked in the critters in the tree are the least of my worries...

Cranberry Township, which amusingly just had a major development held up because they found ONE massassauga (dwarf rattlesnake) on the site. I certainly don't feel like I have to worry about them when I am out cutting!

Where are you located?

Adam

live in tarentum work in gibsonia

yea i heard about a couple rattlers here and there

i'll climb them.

Rattlers are damn good eatin' !

u could be hired... but health plan sucks.

i am waiting on a face shield and a long sleave shirt 2 get in. then i will try 2 man up and do this f job

health plan= digging a hole in the ground lol

yes i allways knock on the door 1st guess that rattler was asleep when i knocked
so ur saying if knocking on the door dont work shoot em with a bb gun? lmfao

ok but for real joking aside. i talked to alot of people who works with tree's loggers tree trimmers. most of the loggers have seen snake's in tree's. but only 30% of tree trimmers have seen snakes in tree's. ok im calling this a fluke. i will do the job but i will be carefull. but next snake i see in a tree i will walk off this job and be done with it. money is not every thing

Last edited:
Depends on the snake

don't know but how about checking out a welders jacket

I've got a welder's jacket and don't think it's thick enough for a rattlesnake - probably ok for copperhead. They've got smaller fangs. Any way welder's jackets are hot as :censored:.

You could 'sweep' the branches you're approaching with the backside of a pole saw. But consider, you don't want a snake bailing out of the tree and landing on your shoulder!
:jawdrop:

ok i found out snakes climb tree's. is any thing made for face and neck and upper body protection. I looked a rattler dead in the face today at 1 foot away from my face. its a big job...30 mins from town. if i was to have got bit not sure if i would have made it. i seen a flash looked up seen an open mouth 1 foot from my face. really sucked. any ideas any 1? do they make anything that would help me with this job.

not sure I could handle that!

Do you have any work in Gibsonia? I might be looking for some for a week or so if you are busy.

sry bud im just one of the army of ants, ive been trying to get my one buddy in he working his ass off for pocket change at a different company but they aint hirring now pm your qualifications i do a good bit of side work and some of my friends really dont know the runing end of a rope if you get my drift

unless you dont wanna do ground work everyone i talk to wants to just be 'the' climber and do nothing else

well i went started back on that job. been working it for a few days no snakes all is fine. today i got swarmed by bee's. i dont get it i was not close to there nest or anything. they just came out of nowhere.
well im done with this job

Where are you located?

Adam

If a they held up the development because of a massassauga (Pygmy rattlesnake), it was probably because they are a protected species (in only a few states) that lives in swamp areas. Then add the Federal wetlands protection laws...not much building going on for a while.

If a they held up the development because of a massassauga (Pygmy rattlesnake), it was probably because they are a protected species (in only a few states) that lives in swamp areas. Then add the Federal wetlands protection laws...not much building going on for a while.

The pygmy is separate though very similar to the massassaugua.

Latest posts

Back