got a deal i think. husky 359e

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
decided to see what the pawn shop had for saws and was amazed to find a 359 e husky with 24" bar sitnin there. guy had it listed at 369 and i talked him down to $250. now i cant seem to find a price on them. ohhwell,
saw is in like new condition, no broken plastick and very little wear anywhere.

fired right up at the store and purrrrrrrrred.

im going to get a 16 bar to throw on it. the thing should realy sing with the short bar.. ohhh one thing i noticed is the chain doesnt seem to have ever been sharpend and its still sharp cut me pretty good when i was messin around.

anything i should no about the 359E? i have both the 2008 and 2009 chusky catalog and neither list the 359 as an E.

probly be muffler modin it soon.

Evan

Its a good saw and if its decent shape you got it at good price. They are right at $500 right now( i think I paid 475 2 years ago). I've had mine for bout 2 years and have done nothing to it other then feed it. I did buy a non cat replacement muffler. As many on here will tell you the cat muffler hampers the saws performance and builds up alot of heat. I also hear its accepts and responds well to basic muffler modding.

+ 1!!!!!!

Its a good saw and if its decent shape you got it at good price. They are right at $500 right now( i think I paid 475 2 years ago). I've had mine for bout 2 years and have done nothing to it other then feed it. I did buy a non cat replacement muffler. As many on here will tell you the cat muffler hampers the saws performance and builds up alot of heat. I also hear its accepts and responds well to basic muffler modding.

Yep!!!!!! :greenchainsaw:

Yep you got a good deal. I just sold the 361 I had and will probably replace it with a 359 even though a 60cc saw is a class I don't have much use for. I'm probably the only one that will say this but I think the 359 is faster in the cut than the 361 and is imo more nimble. We had a couple of 359's in my single days that we used for a firewood business that literally cut 1000's of cords of wood. I'm not familiar with the e tec but still sounds like a good deal.

Back