Got an 9010 last night

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Woody said:
Yea it is a 3120.

I always heard the bar length should be twice the log diameter so there would be plenty sticking out the other side.

It was a 48" log so I guess a 24" bar would do, but what fun would that be?

You need something that will both scare and impress the neighbors.:rockn:

Nope, if you cant get through it, or even half way through it, there are still ways to chunk it ou to get it down, Gypo is the king of that from what I have seen so far!
If you can't scare the hell out of you're neighbors with a 32", you need to move to another neihborhood!!
Andy

Big Woody said:
Yea it is a 3120.

I always heard the bar length should be twice the log diameter so there would be plenty sticking out the other side.

It was a 48" log so I guess a 24" bar would do, but what fun would that be?

You need something that will both scare and impress the neighbors.:rockn:

So you fell short of your double rule....you should have had a 96"..... lol. More power to you. I know how many teeth need shaprened on a 115DL chain, can't quite imagine twice that.....

I've felled and bucked 58" tree with a 36" bar, and plenty of 4 foot trees with a 28"..... No need for bigger, especially in the Great lakes area. If I ever saw a 12foot diameter oak, I'd call the saw mill and tell them to come get it, not leaving it's side

Aww c'mon, dont be a dope. Theres reasons sometimes for doing things "outside the box". He is going cut down through a whole bunk of lumber and timbers at once, rather than one or a few pieces at at a time. He did mention using it with smaller bars for regular cutting as well.

Dont mess wit MI boys! :buttkick: :buttkick:

johncinco said:
Aww c'mon, dont be a dope. Theres reasons sometimes for doing things "outside the box". He is going cut down through a whole bunk of lumber and timbers at once, rather than one or a few pieces at at a time. He did mention using it with smaller bars for regular cutting as well.

Dont mess wit MI boys! :buttkick: :buttkick:

Not messin with the boys from MI, although a couple seem to be a little riled lately... Go Buckeyes! lol He should be warned of high kickback while doing that, though....

Most all of the "boys" from MI that I know, run really short bars and are not ones to be called boys... They can build and run a mean saw.

Latest posts

Back