Got me mill..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zopi

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Came in today...good stuff...Granberg MK III, they were great to deal with so far...took about 7 or 8 days to arrive on the east coast....now If I can just get time to play with it.....i've got a couple pines down out back...they might get whacked this weekend...maybe they aren't totally worthless. :greenchainsaw:

Came in today...good stuff...Granberg MK III, they were great to deal with so far...took about 7 or 8 days to arrive on the east coast....now If I can just get time to play with it.....i've got a couple pines down out back...they might get whacked this weekend...maybe they aren't totally worthless. :greenchainsaw:

congrats!

hook us up with some pictures asap!

congrats!

hook us up with some pictures asap!

Might be a bit on that, We're still moving out to the new place, and i've got to go back to work in a day or two...add to the fact that our internet won't be up out there for awhile...i will however, record the events as they happen...

I was eyeballing the trees in the back lot, i;ve got a bunch of stuff to thin/clear,
but I don't think any of it will be big enough to mill...i'll have to feed it to the stove...hope fully the two pines down in the back aren't too far gone to have anything useful in them...

anyone considering the MKIII mill..it goes together pretty easy...like an erector set...i'm betting that if I need another mill in the future I will likely build it, and in the style of Railomatic's well appointed equipment...those rollers are kinda sexy. :greenchainsaw:

I'm up in Albemarle. My extended relatives still have a place in hopewell, which is kinda close to you. You should see some of the trees there. A 5' dia. osage orange, a couple of 30" extremely burled english walnuts, some 36" cypress, and a whole bunch of big pecan trees. I keep holding my breath for a storm....

mmmm..Walnut! if you do get to play with walnut, wear a mask please...flippin' dust will eat the lungs out of you...

pecan for BBQ!

Another addiction has started, there's no escaping now, have fun, pics when you have a chance.

well..managed to snag a few pine top logs from a slash pile down the road...did in a four footer this morning, just to figure out WTH I'm doing...all went well as soon as I un @#$%ed some of the design errors in my slabbing rails..:D the first cut went ok...took me awhile to get used to adjusting the mill, but once I did it was easy. It is a fact though that the saw i have is not enough (It's like frickin' heroin.) will be looking at a 660 in the future...it ought to be big enough to mill anything I will want to mess with.

all said, it's hot gnasty dusty work...but it sure is fun. :hmm3grin2orange: :chainsawguy:

I took a bunch of pics...which I will post if I ever find the bloody card reader...:yoyo:

It is a fact though that the saw i have is not enough (It's like frickin' heroin.) will be looking at a 660 in the future...it ought to be big enough to mill anything I will want to mess with.

Glad to hear another one has been bitten. It gets better as your learning curve gets flatter. You might want to consider a Husky 395XP as an alternative to that 660... hundreds cheaper. I'm sure I will get flak for saying this, but I think the two saws are comparable power-wise. I have no trouble slicing through 30 inches of oak with mine.

Glad to hear another one has been bitten. It gets better as your learning curve gets flatter. You might want to consider a Husky 395XP as an alternative to that 660... hundreds cheaper. I'm sure I will get flak for saying this, but I think the two saws are comparable power-wise. I have no trouble slicing through 30 inches of oak with mine.

I will...no issue with them either way...just used to Stihl...and they are built locally...buying that big a saw will require alot of consideration though..several hundred bucks vice locally built...hmmmm....

Latest posts

Back