got me seeing "J" red

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm...I've got a modded 084 that would fill that niche nicely. We're talking a coated pop-up 3120 piston, unlimited carb and ignition, new PTO side bearing and ceramic flywheel bearing, new dual-port muffler...

Full or half wrap handle?

Hmm, milling, half wrap is good. sounds like a sweet saw. what's the details though, $$$ trade?

Hmm, milling, half wrap is good. sounds like a sweet saw. what's the details though, $$$ trade?

Oh, I'll bet you got something to trade. How fast can you put some ceramic bearings in that CT? just kidding... :)

since I live right between you two just drop it off here with my 3120 and we can test it first.:chainsaw:

That sounds like a plan. We'll run Will's 084 head-to-head with your Contra Lightning Super.

Oh, I'll bet you got something to trade. How fast can you put some ceramic bearings in that CT? just kidding... :)

That sounds like a plan. We'll run Will's 084 head-to-head with your Contra Lightning Super.

If your into it, I would trade ya that CT for your 084, your more into the vintage iron then I'am, I'd love to have that 084. It does have that running issue though, recoil is a little flaky, I could try to sort it all out first. \

Let me know.

cool, sounds good to me

the reason I wanted this was because of that top and the stcker.. this thing was pretty cherry.

lost a little value but still a cool looking unit.

I have a few jreds but they are all clunkers..

just wondering if you had found a top cover for your 930. I replace my top cover on my west coast 930 also (pretty banged up). I found out that that west coast sticker is still avaliable. I got one to put one the good coer and presto! You can't even tell the difference.

just wondering if you had found a top cover for your 930. I replace my top cover on my west coast 930 also (pretty banged up). I found out that that west coast sticker is still avaliable. I got one to put one the good coer and presto! You can't even tell the difference.

Where did you order yours?

I went to my local Jonsered dealer here in southern Illinois and gave him the part number for the west coast sticker and he told me it was still avaliable. The part number for the sticker is 503-166202. I believe the supplier for Jonsered parts in the US is Tilton Equipment Company. Do you guys have many Jonsered dealers out in Oregon?

sawbones,
I was just wondering if you remember the part number for the K & N filter on your 930. I ordered one from my dealer and it ended up being a Uni foam air filter. It's actually quite nice it will collapse rather than get crushed if you accidently hit it. Also, what Stihl model did you use to get that GB bar that you're running? I'm currently running a 24" Total Super bar during my "break-in" period. :greenchainsaw:

got my new K & N filter the other day.

the old one was tweeked a bit so I grabbed that cone for my first pics.

here is the new one. I could not get an all rubber filter again but they did have this chrome top in the same size. I also got the red prefilter for it.

what do you think? not too OVER THE TOP is it:monkey:

p.s. I dont really plan on using this anyway:)

CIMG4206.jpg

CIMG4205.jpg

CIMG4204.jpg

CIMG4203.jpg

CIMG4207.jpg

HEY, has anyone seen one of these west coast 930's before?

sawbones,
I was just wondering if you remember the part number for the K & N filter on your 930. I ordered one from my dealer and it ended up being a Uni foam air filter. It's actually quite nice it will collapse rather than get crushed if you accidently hit it. Also, what Stihl model did you use to get that GB bar that you're running? I'm currently running a 24" Total Super bar during my "break-in" period. :greenchainsaw:

i have a 920 super and would like to find the missing top cover and a air filter like that. My saw is also a thin ring that needs a new piston. I have found a few but have yet to get one. I am also running a 24" total bar on mine. Wonder if the local dealer can get me the top cover or air filter. They have been a j red dealer for quite sometime. Do you guys have part numbers for the top cover? thanks Steve

sawbones,

dont remember the part number. I just took the measurement and went to the K&N website and matched it up.
These are offset at base.

The bar is just standard small mount stihl with stud bushings I rigged up.

the 920 has a different top cover/filter cover arrangement than the 930 - where the filter cover has a single thumbscrew centered over a stud in the intake - holding filter and all down. I'm trying to figure a way to make that work with a K&N setup, as I have a velocity stack and no stock filter (NLA). I'll figure something. but lacking the fasteners outboard of the filter cover (as the 930 has) it's a bit of a trick. Madsen's has pretty good prices on select K&N.

I use a large mount Husky bar. You can hog out the slot a little, or use automotive studs w/thread inserts - 'bout $4

i have a 920 super and would like to find the missing top cover and a air filter like that. My saw is also a thin ring that needs a new piston. I have found a few but have yet to get one. I am also running a 24" total bar on mine. Wonder if the local dealer can get me the top cover or air filter. They have been a j red dealer for quite sometime. Do you guys have part numbers for the top cover? thanks Steve

Steve,
What you could do is find the top cover, air filter cover, and air filter mount off of a 930 parts saw and convert it over. It won't be original though. As far as my 930 west coast, my velocity stack was missing as far as the air filter. The part number for the filter is 503-166401 and the part number for the stack is 503-158301. Travis

Hey guys, for those of you tired of finding old JRed mount bars you should be able to switch out the studs. I have not tried this but will in the next coming months. I did some research earlier and this is what I found out, if someone knows for certain or otherwise please let me know.

The 820 and 910 IPL's that I have share the same part number for the larger mount (504024903). The 830 IPL I have shows the same part number (503537201) as the 2094/5 which uses the standard large Husky mount. So 503537201 would be the part number to replace the 10mm studs with the 9.5mm, presumably.

Let me re-iterate, I have not done this myself to confirm. The 9.5mm mount studs are the same ones used on the 394/5XP saws if my memory serves correct.

That 930 is a fine looking saw! I think my 2094 is a direct descendant of it rather than the 394-husqvarna.:greenchainsaw:

yea, i gave a little over 250 for my 930 super with a scored jug and piston. But cosmetically it was in such good condition, I couldn't let it go. After a few months of searching for parts, I got it up and running last weekend. Big thanks to Red Wing Implement for having many of the obsolete parts for my beast. I will have pics up soon for your guys enjoyment. After the break in time, a 42" will be in the future for it. Do you guys think I'll need to run a skip tooth for that length, or will it have enough juice to turn a full chain? :chainsaw:

Looks like I fell out of this one a bit early;

took a shot of the serial. also saw some stamps near muff area on both cases that said 85. serial # 6467570

On a side note I also found this 82 brochure in my files today. I think I want a 1020 now.

With the "silver" tag, that means 1986 week 46.

The Jonsered 1020 is the same saw as the P100, except with red and black paint. It might be the P100 Super, but not sure what the differences are.

You have quite the collection there. :)

P100 Super, as far as I know.

On one pic of a 1020, you actually could see yellow paint where the red paint had been worn off........

That 930 is a fine looking saw! I think my 2094 is a direct descendant of it rather than the 394-husqvarna.:greenchainsaw:

That is true!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back