Got my first 70cc+ saw. Got it running but need some helpful tips. Echo 750 evl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cafo1.618

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Well a few days ago i got 9 chainsaws for doing 20 t shirts for a guy. I am selling most of them but keeping this echo 750 EVL for my personal big saw.
Its got great compression and i can get it to start but it runs not so well. I am assuming it is the carb but I could be wrong haha that why I am asking you guys.
Here is a video of it running today. My Echo 750EVL - YouTube
:msp_biggrin:
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thats a nice looking saw. Cant help ya on the running, I have found my ears barely work in real life, and over laptop speakers worse than that.

Congrats on the nice score!

That should be a good runner if you get it fixed up. My FIL has an old 550 EVL of that vintage and it has been his main firewood saw since 1980.

Yea I am looking forward to getting some running hours out of this saw.
Just ordered a full carb kit for 9.99 with free shipping!

From your vid she is way too lean. Open up the L jet on the carb. You will notice the idle come down and the transition bog go away once you richen it up. L jet handles 85% of the engine's fuel needs with the H jet handling just the top rpm. You should also take the muffler off and jet spray the compression release area and clean out the carbon from the port. New fuel lines, a carb rebuild and it should run well.

From your vid she is way too lean. Open up the L jet on the carb. You will notice the idle come down and the transition bog go away once you richen it up. L jet handles 85% of the engine's fuel needs with the H jet handling just the top rpm. You should also take the muffler off and jet spray the compression release area and clean out the carbon from the port. New fuel lines, a carb rebuild and it should run well.

+1

It shouldn't be too hard to get that one running well with a new carb kit, fuel lines and some tuning.

Thanks for the great advice. My next day off I will be working on it some more. Once it is running good I will post another video.

Sent from my Samsung Note using my thumbs.

+1

It shouldn't be too hard to get that one running well with a new carb kit, fuel lines and some tuning.

You guys make that sound easy as long as you say it fast. LOL

It's also obvious neither of you have actually tried to buy a fuel line for a CS 750 in some time as they went obsolete some time ago. There also a proprietary line that is hard to work around.

I'm sure there are still some on some dealers shelves somewhere but good luck with that.

You guys make that sound easy as long as you say it fast. LOL

It's also obvious neither of you have actually tried to buy a fuel line for a CS 750 in some time as they went obsolete some time ago. There also a proprietary line that is hard to work around.

I'm sure there are still some on some dealers shelves somewhere but good luck with that.

Actually i found a john deer gas line that will work for it.

Well a few days ago i got 9 chainsaws for doing 20 t shirts for a guy. I am selling most of them but keeping this echo 750 EVL for my personal big saw.
Its got great compression and i can get it to start but it runs not so well. I am assuming it is the carb but I could be wrong haha that why I am asking you guys.
Here is a video of it running today. My Echo 750EVL - YouTube
:msp_biggrin:
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I would try adjusting the carb without tearing into anything first.
If and only if you cant adjust the L and H screws so she runs great, then I would tear down the carb and rebuild it.
Plenty of info around here showing how to adjust the carb on both L and H screws.

[/QUOTE L jet handles 85% of the engine's fuel needs with the H jet handling just the top rpm.
Is this right ? I thought it was more the opposite, when the butterfly opens the high speed passage takes over ?[/QUOTE]

When baro pressure changes over to vacuum is the only time the nozzle flows.

Latest posts

Back