Got my Timberwolf TW6 this weekend..PICS!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I was kidding Valley....I would think honestly it would be about 6-8 max if everything went right with no breakdowns. I would assume that a processor could do more than your 6 though. For the money those cost I would expect at least 20 cords per 8 hour day. It would have to be that high to justify the cost of the machine and the 3 guys you have running it I would think.

Ah..I was thinking they were more money than that. The problem is that most of the wood we mess with was much bigger than the capacity they were rated at. Some of these post oaks are 30+ inches across and we also try to get as much of the branches too. Most of my post oaks are knotty and twisted too. I didnt see a processor that would work for my situation when I was shopping around.

Yeah but your machine just splits wood. Mine cuts, splits and loads it on a truck.

And I sit on my butt while doing this mostly. No sore back, arms, hands, etc.

You mentioned x amount of cords done in x hours, that is going from a pile of logs to cut, split and in a truck? If I push pretty hard and have nice logs I can do a cord an hour.

I didn't see what you paid, I just googled it and came across a 12-14k price tag and about crapped!

Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice machine, but IMO it's very $$ for what it is.

I paid less then $10,000 last year for a TW6 with everything except a 6 way. Add another $450ish for my conveyor. Still under $10,000 total and I can split any kind of round. Big, small, crotches, and ugly nasties!

Yeah but your machine just splits wood. Mine cuts, splits and loads it on a truck.

And I sit on my butt while doing this mostly. No sore back, arms, hands, etc.

You mentioned x amount of cords done in x hours, that is going from a pile of logs to cut, split and in a truck? If I push pretty hard and have nice logs I can do a cord an hour.

I didn't see what you paid, I just googled it and came across a 12-14k price tag and about crapped!

Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice machine, but IMO it's very $$ for what it is.
I think you missed my point though. Most of the wood I split wouldnt even fit on your machine. There is a lot of good big diameter wood that I would have to pass on if I had your setup. Yes with 3 guys: one cutting the 6' logs into 4 pieces and loading the log lift, me splitting, and the other stacking on pallets I can do 4-6 cords an hour. Maybe more if I got into some really straight grained stuff for an entire hour (that never happens).

4-6 cords at 128cu feet each..we use a 4'x4'x4' pallet for our half cords. Maybe your hours are just shorter where you are...lol

I didnt say we keep that pace up for the entire day. If I said i drove 100 mph doesnt mean I drove that fast for an entire hour. I would say in a typical 8 hr day we would do about 20-30 cords. And that includes stacking and moving the pallets after they were stacked. You are welcome to come over and I'll show you anytime.

Ya it's rusty right now haven't got much exercise lately with the holidays coming. But it's just about ready. I'd like to find a tw-6 to compete with.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 62
Ah..I was thinking they were more money than that. The problem is that most of the wood we mess with was much bigger than the capacity they were rated at. Some of these post oaks are 30+ inches across and we also try to get as much of the branches too. Most of my post oaks are knotty and twisted too. I didnt see a processor that would work for my situation when I was shopping around.

Vid of the operation please! Thanks in advance if you can do that. Love to see mass quantities done with an experienced crew.

My Grampa was 82 when I took my splitter on its test run and I had him watching me run the levers and I was the youngest at 34, 4 cousins less than 40, my parents at 65 along with 3 aunts and uncles stacking the splits and after 2 hours my grandpa turned the key off and said beer break. :givebeer: I didn't wanna stop but the rest of the crew was cheering. We split 7 full cord for him in 4.5 hrs. I'm glad he got to see what I built before his stroke just wish he could've seen it run more times.

Latest posts

Back