Got my vermeer bc1800 chipper in the mail today...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arbor pro

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I got my 'new/used' vermeer bc1800 chipper delivered today. 1300 mile delivery all the way from Lafayette, LA. Got my local mechanic doing a couple of things to it and hope to be feeding stuff through it by the end of the week. Got some 25' spruce trees just waiting to be chewed up whole.

It's a '99 with 2100 hrs on it. I got it for $12k plus $1300 shipping. I'd give it a 6 out of 10 in appearance. Hopefully, it's that or better mechanically. I bought it on ebay and talked with the seller quite a bit before going through with the purchase.

It seemed like a good deal even if I stick a few hundred into it up front. New clutch, flywheel and autofeed sensor 150 hrs ago.

This is my third chipper purchased over the internet. One has been a sour deal. The last (my current chipper) has been a fair deal. I've got my fingers crossed that this one turns out to be a fair or good deal as well.

I got my 'new/used' vermeer bc1800 chipper delivered today. 1300 mile delivery all the way from Lafayette, LA. Got my local mechanic doing a couple of things to it and hope to be feeding stuff through it by the end of the week. Got some 25' spruce trees just waiting to be chewed up whole.

It's a '99 with 2100 hrs on it. I got it for $12k plus $1300 shipping. I'd give it a 6 out of 10 in appearance. Hopefully, it's that or better mechanically. I bought it on ebay and talked with the seller quite a bit before going through with the purchase.

It seemed like a good deal even if I stick a few hundred into it up front. New clutch, flywheel and autofeed sensor 150 hrs ago.

This is my third chipper purchased over the internet. One has been a sour deal. The last (my current chipper) has been a fair deal. I've got my fingers crossed that this one turns out to be a fair or good deal as well.

I've been looking at a few BC 1800's on the net , most over 1000 hours , one at 4000 hours , but they are all so far away from Memphis , plus , no one wants to fiance anything over 5 years with lots of hours!

I've seen some BC 1230's 2001 and up with less then 650 hours for around 12K .................. then you see some 1996 BC 1230's with 2000 hours and full of rust for 13K!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL

I found a BC 1230 2001 model , with 505 hours for 9K , I might get it , but I really want a BC 1800!:monkey:

Congrats! The 1800 is one of few vermeer chippers that are nice, although coming from a Bandit, you will surely miss the quality.

now it's time to upgrade that 1 ton chip truck to something bigger. the 1800 will put a strain on that truck and fill your box in 20 mins.

Congrats! The 1800 is one of few vermeer chippers that are nice, although coming from a Bandit, you will surely miss the quality.

I bought a brand new 1800 back in 1998 and used it for 2 years before selling out my full-time tree service and going back to school. The used 1800 that I just bought is just like my old one so I knew what to expect when making my decision to buy another one.

now it's time to upgrade that 1 ton chip truck to something bigger. the 1800 will put a strain on that truck and fill your box in 20 mins.

I know. Got to get through this winter and see how next year's workload looks. If things look good, a bigger chip truck will be in the works. If not, the one-ton will do for awhile.

Although 4000# heavier than my 12" bandit, the 1800 has no more hitch weight than it does and tows about the same. Plus, the 1800 has brakes on it while my bandit didn't so, stopping should actually be easier. My 7.3 powerstroke will do fine with the extra pulling weight. I has pulled heavier loads before.

I bought a brand new 1800 back in 1998 and used it for 2 years before selling out my full-time tree service and going back to school. The used 1800 that I just bought is just like my old one so I knew what to expect when making my decision to buy another one.

I know. Got to get through this winter and see how next year's workload looks. If things look good, a bigger chip truck will be in the works. If not, the one-ton will do for awhile.

Although 4000# heavier than my 12" bandit, the 1800 has no more hitch weight than it does and tows about the same. Plus, the 1800 has brakes on it while my bandit didn't so, stopping should actually be easier. My 7.3 powerstroke will do fine with the extra pulling weight. I has pulled heavier loads before.

I started a new thread of this today. I definitely need a bigger chip truck. Filled the 1-ton up in 20 minutes on Saturday! What a beast of a chipper! Won't be using the 12" anymore. It and the 1-ton chip truck go in the tree and landscape trader this week. Anyone interested in either, give me a pm...

I started a new thread of this today. I definitely need a bigger chip truck. Filled the 1-ton up in 20 minutes on Saturday! What a beast of a chipper! Won't be using the 12" anymore. It and the 1-ton chip truck go in the tree and landscape trader this week. Anyone interested in either, give me a pm...

saw that one comin from many miles away! lol Good luck in your search and check treetrader!

saw that one comin from many miles away! lol Good luck in your search and check treetrader!

My ground guy sure appreciates the new chipper. The mini skid and I do all the work for him! On saturday, we took down 7 - 25' spruce trees. It took about 20 minutes to limb them all up to 7' tall and to stack the brush. It took another 15 minutes to notch and drop them all and limb them up another 8-10' leaving just the trunks and top 1/3 or so of the branches. Fed all of the branches through the 1800 first - took about 15 minutes to carry the 15 or so piles of branches with the mini skid to the chipper and drop them in. Then grabbed the trunks with the tops and fed them in butt first. 1800 chewed 'em up with hardly any trimming.

Total removal and chipping time for 7 - 25' spruce trees was a little over one hour. That's less than 15 minutes per tree. Resulting chips filled the 1 ton's 13 yard chip box twice and made a pile on the ground that, when loaded, filled my 7x14 dump trailer to the hilt.

An 18" chipper and a mini skid to feed it is a wonderful marriage of equipment!

Latest posts

Back