got to try my husky 359 today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fir

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
work today on huge maple got to try my husky 359 out abit I got it new and put 24 bar on it and it sucked bad now wow it was pulling the 365 my boss was using it has muffler mod and ran 28 bar i ported and moded muffler night and day night and day.:byebye: I thought this might help some people who arent happy with there 359

Love my 359, gets thrown in the truck everytime we make wood.

Mine went from stuffed up, to the most free flowing muffler you could imagine.

And yes, there is a lot to be gained.

I got to work today on huge maple. Got to try my husky 359 out a bit. I bought it new and put 24 bar on it and it sucked bad. now(after porting and mm) wow it was pulling the 365 my boss was using, it has muffler mod and ran 28 bar. I ported and moded muffler the 359.its a night and day difference .:byebye: I thought this might help some people who arent happy with there 359

There ya go ;)

Just got in from burning brush piles, the 359 was singin'.

Stock they are bound to get way too hot. Mine's been opened up since day one, and has never seen the ill effects of the evil cat.

Just guessing, all the heat those cats generate can't give the P/C any love.

And the no-cat is corked up too, albeit without the heat of the cat.

attachment.php

Mine too

I just purchased a 359 and had Brad do a woods port on it and WOW! it cuts better than my new 372xp xtorq.:smile2:

I spent a good part of Saturday cutting up storm damaged trees for firewood (mostly locust). I took the 346xp for the small - med stuff and the 359 for the bigger rounds. The 359 saw the most use as there were more big than little pieces (and because once I start that saw, I have trouble putting it down). :soldier:

Simply put, it is hard to beat for firewood. My cat muffler was removed long ago but otherwise stock and I'm still impressed..............Ax.

What I'm getting here is if you're not happy with your 359 you shuld put it down and grab something with a few more cc's.

My good friend (and neighbor) has a 359 and it is a beast. He dropped it (or who knows) and it is LOUD. He calls it his accidental muffler mod. I don't want to know. :cool2:

He's dropped many a standing dead tree on my property. He dropped 2 and a leaner this past weekend. 7 years he's been a proud owner.

He also thinks it has more HP than the listed 3.9 and having it
go toe to toe with mine, I'm not going to argue that point.

He said I broke ranks buying the Stihl. FWIW it was the 555 I came an inch from buying. Jury is still out all the way around except that the 359 is a proven saw and a bargain.

This is an old thread but its back. Raced my 359 today against 365xp the 365 has muffler mod and 28 inch bar. The 359 has 24 inch bar, both saws had new chains and the 359 hands down killed the 365. They were both bar deep in a fir. The 365 has westcoast falling dogs and the 359 has non and the actual cutting bar length is about an inch difference. The climber I work with said its the the best saw for blocking down a tree he has ever used so I am happy.:rock: Next we will race the 372xp he he he:laugh:

359 is the most used saws during my work. Only one of three in the last 3 years had small troubles.

My personal 359 hasn't gone to a shop for anything in 4 years. Best chain saw I ever had and it has ever been modded, E-Tech and everything. I'm leaving her alone considering lol

Back