got twin saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmbou

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
There's a lot of sawing to do around my yard this fall and winter. A row of big old poplars needs taking out.

I had been looking to get another reliable saw on top of my 026. At first I was looking for a 70cc saw but I will rarely be cutting anything over 2' diameter.

Well, today I got ANOTHER 026! Tank stamp "O" so that's 1988 I guess. Got a good deal too, it seems hardly run at all. My boy had fun throwing cookies on the fire and stepped up for a pose. We had a good time messin with the saws and cutting up a this dead elm.

attachment.php

attachment.php

My BIL took a pic of his little boy holding his Stihl trimmer. The kid even had his safety glasses on. The machine wasn't running, of course. He can barely even hold the machine up.
The proud kid brought his picture into school and the teacher freaked out and made the parents come in to school for a "debriefing" about why the kid was allowed to play with power equipment. No ****. :dizzy:

cherry 046?

J, you got a lead on a cherry 046? I could be persuaded for the right price!

I looked at an old 044 on craigslist last week. Strong compression but pretty beat up otherwise - I passed.

I'd say that 026 looks about perfect for him! :cheers:

If you would have gotten a 70cc saw, he'd have a hard time wrestling with it...:chainsaw:

Great pic of you son! :cheers:

Check the trading post. There was one there yesterday.

That one in the trading post does look good. I'll have a couple real clean ones available in three weeks or so too.

That's cool man. I wish I had a son, but am thankful for my girl:clap: This picture is 2-3 years old, but shows her personality, lol.

haha, great pic!

Note: pellet burner in back ground. LOL

ssshhh, he's got the wife convinced it burns wood....

Back