Got Wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The log yard in the first picture was in Canada. No detail about saw logs versus pulp, but if you look to the left side of the picture, there appears to be a bunk with some pretty massive stems stacked up. I doubt they'd pulp those.

I typed "lumber mill" into the image search feature of Google and got a lot of great pictures to look at. There are some fabulous pictures of old lumber mills along with some modern ones. I think woodshop will like this picture: a minimalist "sawmill" in the amazon.

The second picture is some pulpwood stacked up as far as the eye can see.

cool beans Bob... I'm salivating over those chunks of tropical hardwood, look at the width of that dark reddish brown heartwood with only a little sapwood. Check out the arm muscles on that guy, like he's been doing that since he was 12 and staying away from the cheese stakes to boot. Wonder if he's ever seen ear protection or a hard hat. Send that man a Granburg!

I hate to think of how much tropical lumber is lost, or suffers lost value due to inaccurate cuts. By the time a plank gets all planed and on retail sale it's a toothpick remanant of the giant it once was. This does not look sustainable harvesting to me.
attachment_21548.php

woodshop said:
Wonder if he's ever seen ear protection or a hard hat. Send that man a Granburg!

I was wondering he had shoes on.

Back