Gotta love free wood ads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wishie22

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 70 foot or so tall oak tree. it is down the hill in my front yard. I was told it was leaning slightly toward the house. so you might need to climb, rope off e.t.c. This is why i need you to be licensed, insured, bonded. if you are interested email for more details. Thanks.
free wood - (ledyard)
in craigs list

I see those too, call them and ask if you can bring a D-9 Dozer as you will just push it over along side the house. Tell them they will need a lawn service to regrade when you are done. You will try but a 25 ton machine is not that good in topsoil:clap::clap::clap::clap::cheers:

I'd do it for free if they paid for my insurance and other crap, but then they might as well just pay a pro to do it.

I have a 70 foot or so tall oak tree. it is down the hill in my front yard. I was told it was leaning slightly toward the house. so you might need to climb, rope off e.t.c. This is why i need you to be licensed, insured, bonded. if you are interested email for more details. Thanks.
free wood - (ledyard)
in craigs list

i live in mystic, when you get a tree service to drop it i will gladly cut it up and haul away

i get such a kick out of these post

I actually live in Ledyard and saw that post also. I think its so funny how someone can expect or even think to have a job that will prob cost $600 or more done for nothing but maybe $75 worth of usable wood.

Burntime, the D-9 is a good idea. We don't have many dozers that size around here, but my girlfriend's father does excavation and has a D-6, that would do the job i suppose.:ices_rofl:

Looking for company to take down 3 big strait oaks in trade for wood (woodstock)

looking for company to take down 3 big strait oaks in trade for the wood must be insured. i have 3 big oaks most of the trunks up are very strait. 2 in front yard one in back easy to get to. if interested please call me for more details at ***-****.

Those three trees will cover all expenses, NNNnnnnoooooooo way. A job that is worth over $3K for wood (how many cords of firewood cus log prices are what).:buttkick:

i will be right thear :hmm3grin2orange: they think they got gold tom trees

you're right, tom.

we get the same ads around here too. people think the tree is worth millions in firewood, but they want it taken down, hauled away, cleaned and the stump removed by an insured experienced person.

I'm just waiting to see an ad that reads, "Free compost for your garden. Just come with own bagging lawnmower, or side discharge model and rake."
This thread cracks me up. I just helped a friend cut down a mulberry tree in order to get some "free" firewood:

(1) Had to climb a 30-foot extension ladder about nine times and an 8-foot step ladder a dozen times to top it and tie off ropes. (Tree was threatening two fences.)

(2) Ran into three nails that my MS 361 cut in half. Now sharpening chain.

(3) Rain started half way through the project. etc. etc.

I still have to split, stack, and season the stuff for a year to save the effort. About one cord of wood was the total yeld. All in a day's work. :popcorn:

Pssst... A small miracle occurred. The fences are still in great shape.

Yet another add for free wood: "I have 2 Oak & possibly 1 Maple trees that I would like to have cut down. You can have all or some of the wood for free. I can help with the ground work (ie. load truck, cut into smaller pieces, etc.). Must bring your own equipment (bucket truck that fits in 10' gate, chainsaws, gas, etc.) and have proof of insurance." People have golden trees.

I looked a 5-6 trees job today, and was quoted $1000. He has more like 16 and 9 large trees all leaning over structures. All wood needs to be hand extracted.:bang::bang: No room for even a truck to get near one tree. Had fun explaining "Call on your $1000 quote", like himself time and equipment is worth something, without burning a bridge. ,

Last edited:
Sure, some people are delusional and should be medicated, but a lot of them hear stuff and don't know any better. I had three big locusts taken down from in front of my house last year. I hired a climber to drop them but did all the cleanup. One of my wife's friends told me I was nuts to pay for the removal, their uncle's neighbor's barber had a tree in his yard that a company paid $5000 for. I tell them even if the $5000 figure made it intact past the barber's BS amplifier, through the neighbor's exaggeration generator and the uncle's hearing aid, that wasn't for a hollow, screwed up black locust that's got nails like a watermelon's got seeds. These people don't want to give up, though, whatever it cost you paid too much, whatever you got they got something better.

Jack

Sure, some people are delusional and should be medicated, but a lot of them hear stuff and don't know any better. I had three big locusts taken down from in front of my house last year. I hired a climber to drop them but did all the cleanup. One of my wife's friends told me I was nuts to pay for the removal, their uncle's neighbor's barber had a tree in his yard that a company paid $5000 for. I tell them even if the $5000 figure made it intact past the barber's BS amplifier, through the neighbor's exaggeration generator and the uncle's hearing aid, that wasn't for a hollow, screwed up black locust that's got nails like a watermelon's got seeds. These people don't want to give up, though, whatever it cost you paid too much, whatever you got they got something better.

Jack

And they are breeding ! That by itself is scary enough.

Latest posts

Back