Governments Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's funny, my Super XL always starts

when the weather is the worst. Starts good when it's good too, but I've had it out on some fairly cold days, and you're right, it seems happier.

Haven't had the fuel boiling problem, but I don't run that one for extended enough periods for it to be an issue. Was amused by the post though. Just wish it had more power...I paid $20 for mine at a garage sale.

my superxl boils fuel like #%lll over 80 degress and under well run all day with no problem..it really likes it at about 40 and below..

Originally posted by smokechaser
I worked in R-1 for 10 years on the Clearwater.

You mean the Clearwater in Idaho? I grew up there (Orofino actually)! Small world huh?

Yep

Thats the Clearwater I'm talkin about. I was up at the Powell Ranger Station. I spent alot of time in Orofino too. Miss the heck out of that country. I still have a few friends in Orofino, Kamiah, and Kooskia.

How long you been out of Orofino?

I joined the Navy in 1991, and have only been back to visit. My mom works for the forest service and used to work the fires sometimes (personnel, payroll, etc). When were you in Orofino? Who do you know there? I miss it sometimes too, but have gotten used to the big city life. Later, Roger.

M.Lubke is a good friend from the old Powell days. The Stiener family has also been good friends too. Loyd and Audry were allways up at Elk Summit Guard station during the summers and had brownies, coffee, and good stories when we came in from wilderness fires. Carolynn and I were on a number of fires together also.
Of course the Supervisors office had a number of acquaintances that I would see every year. Too many to mention.

Dave

Any of those Steiners related to Randy? He works in the Orofino office. I went to school with a Curt Steiner (can't remember his brothers name). Carolyn sounds familiar. Don't recognize any of the others. BTW, my mom's name is Vicki. You would probably remember her if you met her. She was always bringing extra stuff like books, games, snacks, etc to fire camp. Everyone loves her. Later, Roger.

Oh yeah
Good old Randy. Drank many a beer at parties with him. We used to hide a small bottle in his chair for our own personal consumption.
I wouldn't be suprised if I do know who your mother is. I thought of another family that I knew.
The Abrahms. I worked with Jeff at Powell for a couple of years before he got into trouble. He and I were roomates in the bunkhouse.

Sounds like Randy! I don't really know him that well, but everyone in town remembers the summer of his accident (he's a few years older than me too). I know of Jeff, but can't seem to think of what he looks like. Later, Roger.

Dave, my mom sent me a few pics from Orofino. I asked for a pic of her new car, and you can see the Clearwater Valley in the background as well. The supervisor's office is straight down towards the river from this shot.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of my dad with his favorite toy. And some guys here think chainsaws are an expensive hobby! I wish I had a picture of all his equipment. He's got more stuff than some contractors. If you look in the background you can see my first car on the left(Chevy Monza) and my brother's first car (73 Gremlin, the maroon one). There are about 5 junk cars total, but that's another thread...

Back