Grapple or Knuckleboom

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiranger

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Living herein Illinois I am not sure where to look for log loading trucks. Was wondering also what everyone likes best. Loaders such as Prentice or Hood or does anyone use a knuckleboom truck for logs? What's best?

In the articulated loaders the only preferance I have is in the gapple. If you have a lot of brush to haul having the bypass type is far better then the clam. The bypass will compact the laod better and allow getting more into the truck.

If used frequently, a dump bed will pay for it'self in time unlaoding at the yard.

hiranger, up here logging is huge industry, and I make my living fixing log trucks, amongst other equipment. Everyone here uses grapple loaders on class 8 trucks. Some use tractors with a center mount loader trailer. Most loaders around are Serco, since we are a dealer and install them. Most popular grapple is the clam. Some use bypass, but not many. Other good loaders are Prentice, Hood, and Rotobek. Most loaders are in the 7000 to the 8500# range, with the 7000 being the most popular. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back