Grapple truck for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

protreecare

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I also have a 1995 F-800 grapple tuck for sale. Has a Prentice 120e extending boom grapple loader, 5.9 cummins, allison auto, 18 ft. dump body, about 90,000 miles. For $26,000. If interested call 405-204-2258

I've seen several posts now of equip for sale. Until we can see pics it's hard to say if we'd be interested though.

Pics please....

grapple for sale

i called and left a message.my phone was stolen.call at 504 915 0600. pm or email :blob2:

That truck is pretty much maxed out with the loader and box you will probably have a tough time selling that truck. The 5.9 Cummins is way over taxed and the automatic makes it worse and the Ford F-800s are not the best trucks.

I would consider parting the truck out selling the box and loader off separatly. A person planning on building a tandem axle chunk truck would probably buy the loader off of you.

A chunk truck is a staight truck with bunks on it with a loader behind the cab like your truck except for a chunk truck is a tandem axle. Chunk trucks are usually owned by mills that deal with short salvaged wood and loads that are too short and small to haul on a regular logging truck.

The reason why they are called a chunk truck is they haul chunks of wood ie short wood anything shorter than 20' long. A real logging truck hauls wood that is 40 plus feet long a self loading logging truck uses the same size loader you have forsale. When it comes to the heavier wood the loader only is able to pick one end of the log at a time to load it on the truck. Usually the truck driver looks for the big stuff in the cold decked pile to put on the truck first so its easier to load. When your loading logs with a butt diameter upto 40"s which isn't a flared butt its a big chunk off wood its heavy and can be up to 50' long.

In this area if your wood is shorter than 35'-40' feet long and has a diameter smaller than 20"s at the butt its classed as firewood or woodmizer special. The log is usually bucked into a length where the diameter doesn't get any smaller than 14"s and no shorter than 12' long. The rest of the tree is firewood or goes into the slash pile to be burn't. Short wood is hauled in gravel trucks or on lumber trucks with hiab cranes. Where they can carry 10 ton worth of wood to the small mill guys who cut the small timber into value added products.

The reason why I said you should be flexable and think about parting the truck out I think you could sell the loader separatly faster than selling the whole truck. You can sell the box and hoist to a person that hauls much or is in the demolition business and you can sell the truck to whom ever needs a light 5 ton truck.

Back