GRCS coes through again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the GRCS gave a false sense of security to some extent.

In addition to the GRCS I'd had put a few 10k binding straps up that trunk as far as their length would allow.

.....But it all went good! :cheers:

I think it did a little more than that but what can possibly be better than a false sense of security? I mean that's what it all about right?

Considering that the there was never any support from the other half of the tree then I suppose the only thing holding it up was itself, its own UWTB ( Univseral Will To Be). After a crack opens like that you have to realize how much strength there is in the root crown. That was what was holding it up and that alone. Amazing.
Now Daniel working this up to be one of his most dangerous trees is just hogwash as its not that bad once you get them secure and for something like that is doesn't take much. Hell, just cutting a limb or two off would have closed the crack a little.
Murph said, " there were only splinter holding it now." But we know that is not true. Those codoms are not supportive but exactly the opposite.
I would say that so far the most dangerous tree I have seen Murph do is the stone dead hollow thing he just notched from the bottom... then he kissed the client. That one was most likely the most insane thing I have seen him do. You can't really read a tree like that, if it decided to fall when he was cutting it there was no protocol on which way he should run. Plus he could have got herpese.
So to sum it up: Sure, GRCS to the rescue, codoms are crazy and don't go stickin yer tongue down no strange woman's throat.

Latest posts

Back