Great, This ever happen to you

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bobbyb13 said:
I sent Champion an email. I doubt I even get a reply. If I do I'll scan it and post it here. Anyway I have NGK in everything now, even the lawn mowers.

I've had a Champion plug come apart in my truck before...blew the center out of it, which shredded the plug wire and put a dent on the inside of my hood. Last time I ever ran a Champion plug. Never had a problem with NGK plugs, except that they seem to run a little hot in my old saws. I've been using Autolites exclusively for the last few years, with no problems whatsoever.

Adrpk said:
Welcome to the site TechAIG. Good first post.

Thanks for the welcome...found this site searching for info on my old Homelite saws. I have a (very) old XL12, a somewhat old XL12, a Super XL Automatic, and an XL2. Trying to restore the very old XL12, since it was my dad's saw, and I grew up using it. Basically, it has no compression, and nobody locally will work on it, because it would "cost more to fix than its worth," which is probably true, but you just can't put a price on sentimental value.

So I take it

So I take it you gentlemen (and women) will be interested in my

"THE MAN WHO SELLS AND INSTALLS CHAMPIONS IS NOT IN TODAY"

signs for your shop walls?

Well, I wrote, and emailed champion. SILIENCE, No comment nada, Use them at your own risk. There are no more in anything I have. Found a SL 16 that had been run over, (It looked like it anyway) Dads old saw is humming right along after the heart transplant. Thanks to all you guys.

I'm glad that your Dad's saw is up and running again! Thanks for letting us know how it turned out.

Glad it turned out OK. Funny coincidence - just yesterday evening, I stopped in and bought a pair of Bosch WSR6Fs for my spares. Don't know what to do with the Champions I have...

Thanks for the eye-opener.

What to do with the Champions?

When I was a kid... We'd tie the spark plugs on fishing line... sinkers... Nearly got beaten by my Dad for taking his "new" plugs.... Didn't look all that new to me...:(

Lakeside53 said:
What to do with the Champions?

When I was a kid... We'd tie the spark plugs on fishing line... sinkers... Nearly got beaten by my Dad for taking his "new" plugs.... Didn't look all that new to me...:(
Funniest story I EVER heard was about that. Short version, spark plug was too heavy for the line it was attached to. Flew of and cold-cocked a guy fishing the opposite bank of the river. I guess it put the poor guy on his knees. The guy who flung the plug just acted like he was still fishing, didn't want anyone to know it was him that nearly kilt the other guy! I still laugh when I think about hearing that story! DANG it was a good one!

Latest posts

Back