Husqvarna 142E!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GENO-0506

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok,

Thanks all for the help with my ChainSaw, I practically rebuilt it, torn down now putting back but have question or any help you pro's can throw my way~!

OK,

I also posted in my original thread but thought this new one might get a quicker response!

so went to put it all together and I tried to pull the rope out of the spark plug hole that I used to stop the piston but being it was an old nylon rope thats been outside year, it was brittle and broke off! So the rest was stuck as was the piston, so I had to take it all apart!

There was a squeeze on rubber seal at the bottom connecting the hub showing the piston, can I buy rubber gasket stuff like that was on it if so what kind do I look for!

Second

When I put the piston back in, there is a ring that has to be squeezed in, is there a certain way to get the piston back in the upper shaft!

Do I lube or put oil all over before putting the engine and piston back together or can I spray with wd40 or equivalent!

Thanks for help!

IMG_3498.JPG

No need to coat the crankcase or rod. Work a couple drops of oil into the wrist pin and main bearing.

No experience with that sealant. You can't go wrong with what is known to work well in the linked thread.

No need to coat the crankcase or rod. Work a couple drops of oil into the wrist pin and main bearing.

No experience with that sealant. You can't go wrong with what is known to work well in the linked thread.

Thanks

stupid question ,

wrist pin and main bearing? :happy: Is that at the bottom of piston near crankcase and what are they :crazy:

Odd you can't buy an OEM ring. Not long ago, I bought a OEM ring for my Husky 36...damn thing cost $2.72 from PartsTree. My local dealer's prices were just about the same as PartsTree...but, the dealer retired and no more saw shop near me.

Odd you can't buy an OEM ring. Not long ago, I bought a OEM ring for my Husky 36...damn thing cost $2.72 from PartsTree. My local dealer's prices were just about the same as PartsTree...but, the dealer retired and no more saw shop near me.

Yep, I've looked all over too!

I think your issue is that very few of these saws are rebuilt. They usually go to the scrap heap because most small saw owners aren’t mechanically inclined.

W
I think your issue is that very few of these saws are rebuilt. They usually go to the scrap heap because most small saw owners aren’t mechanically inclined.

Well after rebuilding this, I am now real familiar with it! thanks

Good work!

(Non Stihl) Clamshells are pretty simple to work on, and if you have issues the parts are usually cheap and plentiful.

Thanks,

After I get the use and workings of a chainsaw down, I'm going to try a Stihl next!

Thanks again for all your insight and knowledge! :cheers:

Back