Greatest Saw Innovation in Recent Memory?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the cold fusion inertia drive and the laser chain self sharpener.

Sheesh

That shoots down my all ceramic, turbo charged, fuel injected, 10 hp , 5 lb, 4 stroke saw prototype doesn't it :(

Ian :)

My Maglev Bar/Chain system must not be forgotten!!

You must use the Stihl Synthetic liquid nitrogen for optimum results, as
the wally world crap makes the cutters too brittle.

A close second would have to be the Intenz bar.

Intenz bar is a nice band-aid for home owner saws. After seeing blown side covers and holes in bar oil tanks from the pin not being lined up I must say this idea gives an economical option for a repair.

sawinredneck said:
Side adjust chain tensioner!!!!! OMG do I hate an old saw with the front tensioner!!
Andy

Yessssss!!!! One of the reasons my 066 has become my favorite saw. If only the 3120 had an inboard clutch, side adjust, and the adjustment pin on the saw, and not on the side panel....

Mark

hmmmm who was first....

Well a few come to mind

Portable Gas powered chain saws.....Dolmar in 1927

Chain Brake has been mentioned....Dolmar was the first to have as standard equipment.

Anti-Vibe.... Dolmar pioneered the 2 mass anti vibe design used by most today..tank and handle v/ engine and bar

Vertical Piston and Cylinder design hmmm Dolmar was the first manufacture to use this thru the whole line

Inboard clutch is nothing new either Dolmar had always had that on 70cc+ saws

Scott

attachment.php

Nuff Said!!!

Nikasil

I guess it was invented/trademarked late 60s, but when did it first get introduced for the saw market?

cuttinscott said:
Well a few come to mind

Portable Gas powered chain saws.....Dolmar in 1927

Chain Brake has been mentioned....Dolmar was the first to have as standard equipment.

Anti-Vibe.... Dolmar pioneered the 2 mass anti vibe design used by most today..tank and handle v/ engine and bar

Vertical Piston and Cylinder design hmmm Dolmar was the first manufacture to use this thru the whole line

Inboard clutch is nothing new either Dolmar had always had that on 70cc+ saws

Scott

Scott,
Do you know any good Dolmar dealers in your area?:hmm3grin2orange:

Stick Saw by far!!!!!!!!!!

i would say the stick saw (power pruner). Im sure some of us remember the days without one.

My nomination seconds the side adjust.

Also the inboard clutch. I have been there with a jammed saw trying to work the chain over the outboard clutch so I could remove the powerhead. It also makes removing and installing chains easier.

Harry K

Lakeside53 said:
ok, I haven't seen anything mentioned that wasn't on almost all 15 year old stihls, except for partners "air injection" :popcorn:

Just how far back do we have to go for "recent" memory?:monkey:

The CCS, A. I, Turbo etc is also more than 15 years old....;)

litefoot said:
Scott,

HAHAHA! I was thinkin' the same exact thing...:biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

Kinda like when an Amsoil pusher gets involved with a pre-mix or bar oil thread!:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Gary

Idin't care what ye said

litefoot said:
Scott,
That was funny right there, :laugh: :laugh: LOL
of course you could help redneck and save tha family Jewels, Too Funny!!!

"Here's Yer Sign"

Latest posts

Back