greenwheel dressing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stavenstumper

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Do they sell something to dress a greenwheel. I have worn a grove in mine by gringing the edge of my standard teeth. Thanks...

Green wheels wear quickly when steel is ground with them. I "dress" the greenwheel with the teeth-the same teeth that will groove the wheel will wear the highspots off. Just move the teeth back and forth across the wheel while grinding.

I got an 8" 3/4hp bench grinder with grey wheel one side and green the other, I use a medium grit green wheel, still wears like buggery.

Ekka said:
I got an 8" 3/4hp bench grinder with grey wheel one side and green the other, I use a medium grit green wheel, still wears like buggery.
I have been buying my green wheels from Graingers

use a dressing stone to keep the wheel even nothing worse than trying to grind the teeth with grooves and high points on the wheel.

Green wheels are best dressed with a diamond dressing tool,single point or cluster.They aren't that bad in price $15 to $25.A discarded diamond lathe tool makes a good dresser also.Keep the steel off those wheels,they are made for carbide.

Latest posts

Back