Greetings all

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortdawg

Reaction score
Hello-
I’m new to climbing but I’ve been on ground detail a lot. I took the tci class in Atlanta to get myself a good base line and figured I’d take it slow from there. Have all my own equipment (mostly new) and already have requests from friends for work. I don’t change friends as I don’t have a business license and/or insurance (dangerous I know). My first favor was these two dead pines (a lot of standing dead in this area- got smoked by a cat 5 hurricane a few years back). Got the closer/smaller one down with no real trouble- the back one I walked away from as I didn’t want to rush it. I tried to get into with spikes but super soft exterior made very difficult and the top is just waiting to crack off. I want to get a rope as high as possible and chunk to down to control the fall in sections, but I am inexperienced with dead trees and there’s a lot I don’t like about this one. Any tips or suggestions dead are very welcome- again I’m new to climbing but not new handling equipment. Much appreciated for your time and I’m very happy to be here

763FEB4A-BEC3-4CC7-B6EF-0D5BFCA6758F.jpeg

Back